Capital One Default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

To cut a very long story short - I rented out my property to individuals i believe took out a capital one card in my name - despite having a mail forwarding service applied to the address no mail got to me from Capital one until i discovered a default notice on my file dated 27/11/2011

I have spoken to their fraud team twice , and both times they have knocked it back, the two reasons that they won't claim it is fraud are

1) All the details are correct- but they would be, my tenants would have access to all pertinent details

2) The 'verification' call sounds like me

and thats it …

However because this is causing such a headache i am willing to pay it off - if they are willing to remove the default, i have put a notice of correction on my credit file - which has been reduced from excellent to Moderate because of this

so to summarise :

Fraudulent Capital One account taken out at my rental address

No correspondence from them at all

Fraud team have twice rejected this as Fraud

The have no advised me to write to their executive office - should i ask them if they would waiver the default if i am willing to pay it all off - what is the likely hood of them doing this ?

thanks to you all in advance

Hi and welcome to CAG.

I have moved your thread to the Data Protection and Default forums which may be better for you at the moment.

The guys will be along to help as soon as they are available.