Issue with Capita

nunkychunky
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3829 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

After the episode I recently had with Lowells (got the SD set aside) a smaller, but equally niggling issue has come about which I would appreciate some guidance.

It relates to a car insurance policy I had for a project. The policy was with Lancaster Insurance and the annual premium was for around £85, the premiums were around £7 a month.

Earlier in the year I sold the car due to a lack of time, and there were around 3 instalments left on the policy (around £25 in total).

Perhaps very foolishly on my part, I cancelled the direct debit but Lancaster came back trying to hit me with a £50 cancellation fee.

The matter went quiet for a while whilst I furnished proof of the date of sale, and Lancaster (very generously) have reduced the final balance by around £4.

The problem is that Capita are now trying to extract nearly £130 out of me. I have asked them for a breakdown and told them that the sum is disputed and amounts to nothing more than exploitation.

Now having the benefit of hindsight I should have just left the policy to run its course and simply not renewed but is there any way of fighting this?

Thanks

NC

I think you'll have to pay up personally, but certainly wait for a breakdown from Capita.

Were the premiums paid monthly under a Consumer Credit Act 1974 regulated credit facility the may be a clue in the agreement about charges.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: