PIP Claim

JonnyBoyy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I'm new to the forums well I will start by giving you the back ground on my case. Applied for PIP back at end of June sent a stack of medical evidence including report from doctor stating that I had poor mobility and suffered from PTSD and xray reports that my joints had serve osteoarthritis. Any way had a medical with ATOS on 25th Sep and still waiting for these dounuts to send the report to DWP I have my local MP involved and she has written to DWP asking for an update in my case. Was wondering if you would know of any other ways I can help myself as whenever I ring ATOS they say the report is with the audit team. Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

JonnyBoyy

If your MP is involved you're probably doing as much as you can at the moment.

You might consider making a formal complaint to ATOS about the delay (the address is on their website) but don't expect more than an apology, eventually.

It's probably no consolation, but unless someone has a terminal illness decisions on PIP claims are taking a very long time for everyone.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

• 1 month later...

Hi

This is my first post so please forgive me in advance if I am in the wrong thread.

I applied for pip 15 weeks ago and to date have heard nothing from Atos. I have called both Atos and DWP five times and have eventually been told that my claim is soon to be looked at and I will hear in due course regarding assessment. Is this length of wait normal, or should I contact someone for help?

Keep a diary (Windows - notepad) with any contact you make with ATOS or the DWP.

The date, the time, who you spoke to, what the call was about, what they said to you, what you said to them. If you don't hear news when you expect to, or if the time frame is unreasonable, chase them up. This will help you if you need to make a Formal Complaint further down the line.

After reading that article I thought I'd see what statistics have been released about PIP claims and I couldn't find any. There have been quite a few freedom of information requests but I wasn't able to find one which had received a positive response. I am drawing my own conclusions based on this lack of information.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

:Statistics for Personal Independence?:

As yet, there aren't many!! :mmph: So we can all draw our own, probably correct, conclusions!!! :mmph:

Lots of reading, but no official stats until Spring;

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/search/?s=pip

And such stats as there are;

http://data.parliament.uk/writtenevidence/WrittenEvidence.svc/EvidenceHtml/4382

(Questions 37 - 40)

Margaret.

• 4 months later...

Please can anyone help, I have B-polar, I am unable to go out alone due to anxiety and have all my bank cards taken from me due to getting into massive debts which is part of Bi-polar, I am wondering how many points you require to get this PIP as I have ATOS coming out next Tuesday and I am starting to get panic attack as I don't usually answer the door, I have help from my husband and am under a pschiatrist.

Hi there

You might want to start your own threads so people can help you.

1 for your ATOS assessment

1 for Each Debt you have in the right part of the forum with the infomation below

Who is the original owneer of the debt.

Who Owns it now

When was it Assigned to teh new owner or DCA

How much roughly

Type of debt eg credit card or loan or overdraft

Information on how far along the collections process you are.

If you know you have any PPI

If credit card, any overlimit fees or late payment fees

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

• 1 month later...

I have been waiting for a mandatory reassessment since early April, and I have recently rang DWP, to ask what is happening, and guess what: they don't know!

The guy said he will get someone to call me back in the next 5 working days.

I also am awaiting a decision on my Mandatory Reconsideration, when I sent in a dpctors letter and a letter from myself. That was back at the beginning of April, and like the op, when I ring up I get either:

a: we don't know what is happening, and we will get someone to call you back within 5 days to tell you what the delay is, OR

b: we have sent the form back to the assessor, and are waiting for them to return it.

So I also got my local MP involved, and he has written the DWP on my behalf , so we will wait and see if they do in fact say what the delay is.