Help fixing credit file

edjama
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3841 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening all,

I'm trying clear up my credit file. Is there a blog here anywhere someone can give me a link to which explains step by step on dealing with credit card and loan companies.

I currently have on credit file:

Vanquis credit card, owing £435 in default. Second I've had with them, the last being cleared after default. No PPI, so what charges can I claim back? Them can i get them to remove the default if I'm on a payment plan should there be any balance left. How do i go about getting any charges back?

Last payment Jan 13

Lowell £247 in default for around 3 months. Assuming this was a Cap1 card I had, not made a payment for 18months. Does this mean Lowell now own the debt? If so who do I contact regarding getting charges back?

Amigo loans £4405. Guarantor loan so I keep paying. unless anyone knows of any valid reason i could be paying something i shouldn't? Really don't want to take these guys on with anything as it would be unfair on my guarantor.

Provident doorstep loan with £889 outstanding. Last payment 12 months ago. Again, if i come to a payment plan could I get them remove default status from my file, or is there anything i should look to claim back?

Thanks for all advice to be given.

If the defaults were placed there as a true reflection of the current status of the account, then theres prety much nothing you can do. However, if those defaults were mainly charges, and if there were no charges, the default wouldnt exist, then you can contest it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

So what counts as unfair charges?

And if I come to a repaymnent agreement, can I expect them to bring the account out of default. I.e from next month the account would be green with only the historic default showing?

And where do I start to find out what charges there were?

thanks

If you stopped paying (as is indicated by your first post) then the defaults are correct and will remain on your file for a period of six years even of you pay them off.

As has been said, if you proceed with a reclaim of unlawful charges and can show that the default was made up entirely of these charges then you will stand a better chance of getting the default removed. You would have to be successful in your claim to get that to happen though.

Is the Vanquis account still with Vanquis or has it been sold on?

The account with Lowell will almost certainly have been bought by them so they are now the owner. A charges reclaim will still need to go to the original creditor (Capital 1?).

With the Provident loan, even if you set up a repayment plan the default will still remain on your file for 6 years. Again, see the note above about unlawful charges.

The charges you can reclaim are things like Late Payment Fees, Over Limit Fees etc.

Do you have all of the statements for these accounts?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Defaults properly placed as it seems your are will remain on file for six years and will be removed on the 6th anniversary of the default date paid or not.

Payment arrangements agreed or not will NOT affect the default status of an account.

You cannot expect the status of the debt to change.

Even if the debt is cleared completely the default entry remains on file for the balance of the six year period but will be marked satisfied.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi,

Thanks for advice so far guys. Going forward, I have no statements so I assume first thing is to send a SAR? Do we have templates on here?

Obviously I should expect some penalty for late payments, so at what point can I claim they are unfair? I assume I can add interest to anything I reclaim. Can I also claim back on the settled Vanquis account, or will it be to late now. Was some years back!

Also i have bank chrges for going overdrawn and/or DD's being returned, again, is there anything i can claim back on these?

As for provident, I dont think there are any charges, think they cover all eventualities in the interest rates they charge.

Since the OFT lost the test case on bank charges these are not now generally recalimable.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

If you have no statements then a SAR is the best place to start.

The charges for Late Payment or being Over Limit on a credit card or loan can be challenged as unlawful penalties and you would claim back those charges plus any interest applied as a result.

As regards the bank account charges, can you say when these were applied and the reasons why they were incurred.

There is a template for SAR in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG age in green.

The fee for SAR is £10 and they will have 40 days to comply.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS