style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3822 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Namaste All....

I had a visit from the good people of Rossendales.

..well their bailiff actually.

..nice chap, very pleasant etc.

..He gave me some paperwork to fill in regarding my council tax bill which was about £1500....give or take.

I filled in the required paperwork showing income and expenditure, indicating that I could only afford £30 per month repayment, and mailed it off to them.

The reply I got was that they would only accept £400 per month.

..totally unacceptable.

I got in touch again and said that they could take the goods to the value..

..which was the proposition on the bailiffs paperwork

...they REFUSED it.

..turned me down...LOL.

I have a brand new range cooker in my hallway, retail value of about £1600 and they could have had that with pleasure.

..they would have been doing me a favour by taking it...still they refused.

They suggested that I redo and revise my paper work and resubmit it...which I did yesterday.

They have now decided to go to my employer and take from my earnings 5%.

...and guess what that comes to????..

.£30.

..yes £30

...the amount I offered in the first place.

What a convoluted way of going about things!..

.I howled with laughter on the phone to them not so long ago,

asking which genius worked that one out...ROFL biggrin.gif

I just had to see the funny side of this...because I knew there was one...

I am not belittling anyone else's dealings with Rossendales

...and do not want to come across as such..

.What tickled me was the way that they could not deal with anything "outside of the box".

They seem to have off pat answers that are scripted.

I think I broke the mould that day.

Another plan that I came up with was this..

..The bailiff did not actually see my goods that he wanted to take if the money was not paid..

.but we came up with a kitchen table, a small TV a chest of drawers, a tumble dryer and a 3 piece suit.

I got on to my local "Freecycle" website and began collating the items that he had agreed to

...the idea behind this was that he could have the goods that we had agreed..

.they would of course be courtesy of "Freecycle" In theory the debt would be paid off once they went to auction

and I would still have my furniture etc.

..but, as I said earlier.

..Rossendales did not want my furniture..

.or the range cooker that I offered..

.and they have ended up with the amount that I offered in the first place.

..If they had said yes 3 weeks ago we would not have had this hassle.

..LOL

Regards

TDMJ xxx

Namaste

SInce its for a council tax debt, you can ignore them, deny them a levy and deal with the council directly. The most a bailiff can charge if you do that is 2 visit fee's.

Also, doing what you suggested with freecycle is NOT advisable. At all. It could land you in very serious trouble.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thank you for your reply.

..It was a tongue in cheek thing.

..the Freecycle idea..

.but a good one I thought, all the same.

...on a more serious note..

.I will do as you suggest and get back in touch with the local council and talk to them.

I would assume that Rossendales are only acting on their behalf and have not actually bought the debt.

I wil happily make the call tomorrow and let you know what they say.

Thank you again for your guidance and our words of wisdom and advice....

TDMJ x

If your happy with the attachment of earnings I would leave them to get on with that as it will save you a lot of hassle your employer can charge a £1 per payment I believe

Im not sure if the attachment of earnings can include bailiffs fees (I suspect they might) it may be a good idea to find out what fees have charged and if they are included in you AOE

Has the bailiff got a levy on your goods

• 3 weeks later...

If you want the council to take the debt back, just ignore the bailiffs. Theyll charge 2 visit fee's and hand it back.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Backofbeyond

There are more Attachment of Earnings Orders (AEO) than ever before and in so many cases, this is because of the crazy use of these Removal of Implied Right of Access Notices ( that do NOT work for Council Tax, Parking charges or Court Fines).

Once a Liability Order has been obtained, the LA have various legal powers and one of them is the use of an AEO. If the debtor is earning a good salary the council will get their money much sooner.

It is my understanding that once an AEO is in place it can only stopped by either the debtor ceasing to work for that particular employer or alternatively, if the debt is paid in full.

If the amount of deductions are causing you to be in severe financial difficulty then by all means try to get the council to change their mind and if you are successful please do post back.

How much is being deducted in your particular case?