Council car park fee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there,looking for a bit of help please... We recently went to liverpool and parked in a council parking lot..paid £6 for a 3hrs stay, put the ticket on the dash and left... When we came back we had a parking ticket from the council! I sent in a letter along with the ticket and hoped that would be the end of it, however they sent a letter back, along with a picture, saying the ticket was not visible to the attendant (must of slid down??) and therefore Id still be charged £25 or if I didn't pay within 14days it'd be £50...A) Do I have a case to make against this?? b) Isn't there and act under the human rights that states I cant get punished more than the original charge??c) if all else fails, do I at least have a case for them taking £6 off the parking ticket fee as I have already proven I have paid this amount to the council??Your help would be much appreciated..

This will be very difficult as local authorites and police can issue penalties.

As for the charge being greater than the actual loss, this only applies in civil matters normaly associated with contractual breach such as Parking Charges, which is an entirely different beast.

I am not aware of any human rights as far as this issue is concerned.

I presume that was your soft appeal so appeal again formally and ask for proof from the attendant that your screen was clear by way of photographs. I cannot think of a council that doesnt have cameras for such an event so you can then decide whether you want to appeal to PATAS. If you do, you are likely to win as you have paid for the parking and that is them main part of it.