Global Debt Recovery Ltd

JJohnson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone had any dealings with Global Debt Recovery Ltd?

I had to contact them after I received a letter from Absolute Locate, when I rang GDA they went on the offensive straight away and were very brutal with their words. They claimed I owed Lloyds TSB £636.25p as my bank account went overdrawn. They proceeded to say that the last time they contacted (15/08/2001) I was very abusive and told them to stop harassing me at work, now they say they have found me and have me cornered..."you have nowhere to hide" and "pay the debt or things will get more nastier and difficult for you" were some of the things they said. When I fired questions back at them they were not bothered and just kept harping on about me paying the money as they said they sent bailiffs to my old workplace in 2001 but I disputed this vehemently and have caused a criminal offence.

When I asked why its took them 12 years to contact me and that I wont pay the debt as it'll be Statue Barred they just laughed and said that doesn't matter as I still have to pay, they then proceeded to say they would send me out a payment slip in the post and that I comply with it.

I have since sent them a letter of the Limitations Act 1980 and it was sent recorded delivery today. I have moved to a new house but Absolute Locate found out my old address via the Electoral Roll and all my mail is currently redirected to new address.

What are peoples vies on this and should I stop my mail redirection?

Was this debt ever the subject of a county court judgment ?

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Ignore them, stop talking to them over the phone, if they ring just laugh and hang up.

Lodge a formal complaint to the OFT & TS, it is SB and nothing they do or say will ever unbar it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Just read JJohnsons thread. Very interesting !! My husband received a letter from Absolute Locate last Thursday. We spent the whole night worried and couldn't work our why a private investigator wanted to talk to him. When we rang he told us to ring Global Debt Recovery. My husband rang and of course they sent through a payment slip for £7,000, apparently he had a joint bank loan with TSB in 1999. He has no recollection of this. We are going to send a CCA request letter this week and see what happens. He has never received a CCJ and has always been easy to find. Must admit we are a bit nervous !!

On the day I spoke to them I was that annoyed at the way they spoke to me I emailed the Financial Ombudsman complaining about them. The FO replied to my email today saying they have my complaint and will reply within 6 weeks also leaving a reference number in case I need to contact them.

MrsMc8 they are just chancing their arm at people buckling under pressure into paying it, they even said they sent bailiffs to my old place of work in 2001 but I challenged this and said that is unlawful to which their response was "we are at the top of the tree concerning the law"

Idle threats and no need to be intimidated by that.

Exactly, and I guarantee 100% they wouldn't be so childish as to commit that in writing!

Hence why if they ever call you, you only need laugh and hang up.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for the responses, they are much appreciated. I think I will still go down the CCA Request route for now and see what they come back with. If they still harrass us then JJohnson's idea of contacting the FO sounds like the next plan. To be honest I feel like ringing the police and letting them sort it out !! haha in a perfect world ! Will keep you posted.

Received a screen print from an alleged loan back in 1998 yesterday. Have sent my cca request letter. Im really angry at these people now. Thank heavens for these forums. The advice given is invaluable. Guess we are in it for the long haul!! Experian said no ccj's ever given for this supposed debt. Will keep you posted.!!

If your credit file is clean and there has been no CCJ awarded, then you can do no better than to ignore them.

They feed of the attention, and just like immature little children, once you ignore them they go away.

They need to be reported to the OFT&TS regarding their puerile attempts at conning money out of you.

Unless you paid or sent a written acknowledgment in the last six years to this, then it is statute barred and they can jog on.

just received an attachment of earnings form today (it was sent 2nd class)

I will ignore the letter

These re issued after a court judgment ?

Edited by Dodgeball

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

1998 wow thats 15 years old so well Statue Barred. Even if a CCJ has been issued it will be hard for them to do anything as it has been over 6 years since the CCJ has been issued and nothing done about it.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

1998 wow thats 15 years old so well Statue Barred. Even if a CCJ has been issued it will be hard for them to do anything as it has been over 6 years since the CCJ has been issued and nothing done about it.

Indeed they would have to apply for permission of the court, it is in the CPR somewhere. It is unlikely that they would be successful.

These re issued after a court judgment ?

No they said they were going to send out a payment plan to pay the debt off, what the sent was a covering letter with attachment of earnings and outgoings on the back off it.

The debt is actually from 1999 and the last contact i had with GDR was 15/08/2001 which is 12 years ago.

Who are FV-1?

The debt is Statue Barred as far as i am concerned, theyre trying their luck with people and they seem to have a history of chasing Statue Barred debt.

No they said they were going to send out a payment plan to pay the debt off, what the sent was a covering letter with attachment of earnings and outgoings on the back off it.

The debt is actually from 1999 and the last contact i had with GDR was 15/08/2001 which is 12 years ago.

Who are FV-1?

The debt is Statue Barred as far as i am concerned, theyre trying their luck with people and they seem to have a history of chasing Statue Barred debt.

Was this letter definitely an Attachment of Earnings form or was it (as it sounds from this post) asking you for a declaration of income and outgoings?

Feebee_71

Declaration of incoming and outgoing...this was not a separate sheet either just printed on back of covering letter.

MrsMc8 I never signed my Statue Barred letter either as people like GDR will copy and scan your signature to a letter they have made up themselves.

MrsMc8 I never signed my Statue Barred letter either as people like GDR will copy and scan your signature to a letter they have made up themselves.

Utter rubbish, this is nothing more than a jackanory story. GDR WILL NOT copy & scan anyones signature or add it to a letter they have made up themselves.

Be very careful what you publish in the public domain.

The fact that you did not sign the letter means absolutely nothing, this is their lame attempt to frustrate the legal process, you have informed them of your legal request, when they fail (12+2 days) then you can send them the 'Failed' letter, bet they soon find the agreement then!