Amazon ads, no despatch country displayed on main ad page

MikeG1944
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3864 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone else find this really annoying? Amazon adverts do not say on the main ad page where the goods are coming from and some advertisers even lie on their business info page where they are. LG Supply for example. Looks like a UK company with a UK address but goods come from China. You don't find out till the goods don't arrive promptly and you check the feedback and find someone else's goods came from China hence the long delay.

I did complain about this to Amazon as this had happened before and they said 'check the business page for small print'. The despatch country should be clearly displayed on the original ad, not hidden away somewhere, and those sellers deliberately misleading buyers like the one above should be take to task.

If ebay can do it why not Amazon, and what''s wrong with having a search option of 'UK ONLY'?

Do you think that if enough of us demand at least despatch country on the main ad they will take any notice? I'm not that optimistic.

Aha, I thought I was the only this happened to ?

I ordered something a few weeks ago. Received the "your order despatched" email. It said via Royal Mail 1st class. So when it hadn't arrived after 7 days, I contacted the seller. Only to receive a bizarre email saying, perhaps it was caught up at customs !! I thought the company was in Luton, so was a bit concerned as to where they had sent my item. Seems it actually came from Denmark !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It's common for UK companies to take orders in UK and have goods delivered directly form a foreign manufacturer or warehouse. Unless the order hasn't arrived on time of you have been charged excess VAT or custom duties you have no ground for a complain.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Thanks for your reply san-d.

Yes I realise that this happens; all I require is for the advertisement to say this, so that we know there will be a delay.

Ebay had this problem with overseas companies advertising the goods location as in the UK with addresses like 'London, Hong Kong' etc. a few years ago. When buying from ebay now it's easy now to see if the goods are coming from the UK, and the search 'UK only' makes this even easier as foreign ones are not shown. With Amazon you have to search hard to find the country of despatch; doubtless they are worried that putting a foreign country of despatch will loose them trade.

All I ask is that they put 'from China' etc. on the main page of the ad, but having queried this with them they seem reluctant to do so.

Mike.

Have you raised this issue with Amazon ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes, and they simply said 'look on the sellers info page'. They basically didn't want to know and didn't care.

Problem is, some give a UK address and still sell from China, and some hide it away in the small print, not obvious by any means.

I'm pretty sure they don't want to make it obvious in case it puts people off ordering, knowing it'll take a couple of weeks or more to get the goods.

Sadly I doubt I'll get anywhere with this unless it got on Watchdog, and they have bigger fish to fry.

Mike.