ovo energy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3864 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

anyone actually heard anything about them?

they dont seem to be on the board much - which is good

im trying to get a list of my tariff costs off npower (taken 4 days so far no reply) to see if it would be cheaper to move

ive used my "estamated" next years usage amounts off my last npower bill and ovo energys quoted me £35 a month cheaper

id probably keep paying the usual £135 a month as ovo say they pay intrest on any credit

any ideas people?

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Don't forget to look at the standing charge con

I done a comparison and could save £230 standing charge for gas£125 charge for electric £125

Or I could save £220 standing charge was gas £75 electric £75 it is all a big con so the cheapest is sometimes more expensive!!

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Many companies include the standing charge into the price of a unit so don't be fooled. The standing charge pays for the meter reader to visit, repairs or replacement of the meter, the hire of the meter, a fee to the distribution company, agents commission etc. Each may only get a fraction of the standing charge, but if you times £0.01p by 2 or 3 million, that is a lot of money!

PS We left Ovo because on the renewal form the prices they gave domestic customers excluded VAT so it makes the unit price look cheap.They state lower down on the form that the price excludes VAT, but this is easy to miss.