Placing a claim in advance of a set date

abc123def
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think I am right in thinking that you cannot place a claim in advance for JSA, fairly sure of that ... (?)

but

if someone is moving area and knows the date they will be moving in to their new home are they able to place a claim for housing benefit from that moving date giving the date in advance?

Reason being someone I know is due to move in 2 weeks and has the money for the deposit and rent in advance for the first months rent but then will have no money at all for the next months rent so we are worried that the housing benefit will not be processed in time for it to have started arriving in time for them to pay the second months rent and thought if the claim could be placed in advance of the move it would give the LA more time to process things and the money would more likely to be sorted in time for the rent.

Thank you.

You can make a claim for HB up to 13 weeks in advance by contacting the appropriate LA.

• Confused 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.