Housing Benefit underpayments

angexxx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I'm trying to find any information on Housing Benefit underpayments as I've not seen or heard of this before.

There are 6 different entries on my benefit calculation stating

xxxx has been recovered against underpayments (x 6)

these amounts add upto around £1500. What does this actually mean to me

they owe me or I owe them as the letters are very confusing?

Thankyou for any advice.

That's not much information to go on, but as general rule, an underpayment is money they owe you, and an overpayment is money you owe them. Is it possible that you have been overpaid because of some circumstances, and underpaid because of different circumstances? In such cases, they'd work it out by deciding how much you've been overpaid, then subtracting any amounts underpaid.

As I said, we'd need more information to be sure. Could you post more of what the letters say? Obviously, do not post any personal identifying details.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hi Antone,

The bulk of the letters seem to say the same like a template type doesn't really seem to outline anything specific to me

just the actual figures

xxxx has been recovered against underpayments (x 6)

I'm beginning to think there's a piece missing so I will have to go & soeak to them next week as I really don't understand what position I'm in it' very unclear, I suppose it's designed that way to keep you from claiming :???: