Smart Parking ....Homebase "reviewing parking procedures"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ex Newsreader; Peter Sisson's has made the headlines regarding a ticket issued by Smart Parking when shopping at Homebase. The link to the story is here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2477165/How-Peter-Sissons-received-Homebase-apology-90-parking-ticket.html

Edited by ims21
Don't need word for word where a link is provided

If it wasn't somebody who could make a splash then the attendant would have been believed no doubt by Smart parking. It's amazing how fast these things are fixed when bad press is involved.

Mind you I would have thought a journalist would have known a private company can't fine you!

shame the report wrongly called it a fine

and mr sissions believes it CAN affect your credit rating.

bar those good result!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just to revisit one of your questions asked on another thread, (Have I ever been inside a court room?), please enjoy the following link, where the site team have posted my transcript...............I believe it is the only ' Roxburghe' case available on the internet.

How I was treated on another site, is the reason I believe in this site for all to see in an open forum.

icon1.pngsticky.gif Sticky: Successful Defence Against Private Parking Charge

Scouse:

With the number of defences done against the the likes of cel and pe it is not possible to do it on an open forum or tl discuss issues bought up.

It is more prudent to discuss these by email.

Indeed there is an email list that a lot of the helpers belong that bounce ideas and ketterd etc from parking eye each day.

Something you couldn't and wouldnt want to do on any of the 3 main forums

Scouse:

With the number of defences done against the the likes of cel and pe it is not possible to do it on an open forum or tl discuss issues bought up.

Indeed there is an email list that a lot of the helpers belong that bounce ideas and ketterd etc from parking eye each day.

My first point to you is that it is a lot safer to discuss in an open forum.....Yes we all know that ppcs gather information from these, but a good defence is a good defence as they will see your bundle 14 days before anyway..

An op can read threads and decide to either pay up if they do not want the hassle..Challenge through popla, or my favourite option Go to court and show these companies for what they are....

What I object to is you trying to PM people offering your services as a Mckenzies Friend and you have been warned against that....Primerilly because you offer a solution that brings no evidence whatsoever and you give misguided trust to a person in a bad situation.......Then on other sites you discredit the very site you are posting on.....

Here is one for you, and I hope to god this goes to court............

I had my vehicle serviced in Halfords which cost me £350 and took 5 hours from the point of dropping off to the point of collection .....I now have a pcn stating I overstayed the maximum time allowance of 3 hours and the charge is £100

Is that fair ? or should I complain to the DVLA and BPA :flame:

I think not.....lets go to court

You do which ever you feel fit to do:

You seem to treat "going to court" as some kind of game.

You have also been warned against giving the impression that going to court is a good option.

Therefore please take that warning and stop giving anyone who it sees as a safe option.

Edited by ims21

You do which ever you feel fit to do:

You seem to treat "going to court" as some kind of game.

You have also been warned against giving the impression that going to court is a good option.

Therefore please take that warning and stop giving anyone who it sees as a safe option.

I do beg your pardon........I have NEVER been warned of the the above! But YOU have be warned against PM people.

Whatever gave you that impression?

I only state that my personal option is the court route, and encourage others to follow suit, although I do also say there are other options such as popla.

Your whole attitude is very irksome and I again invite you to comment on my last post which is ongoing, however I do not require you to be my Mckenzies Friend.........Wheres Ernie by the way ?

Edited by ims21

Scouse:

And suddenly the shop keeper appeared! :lol:

the reality is Homebase are stuck with Smart Parking but hate them because the retail site developer employs them, not Homebase or the other shops. This is a good reason why you should copy in any correspondence with the parking companies to the retailer so they can use it as a reason for applying pressure on their landlord to end this persecution. Eventually it may get to a point that it is more trouble than it is worth to the retailers or developers to hire these greedy middlemen and make proper arrangements for managing their parking if it is really needed.

Scouse:

this is an open forum and is totally run as the same ,so why are you on here?????.

I think mods ought to grow a pair and sort out the members whom constantly and openly break forum rules to which we all run by.