Ebay seller refuses to honour auction sale and relists.

Carolfm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yesterday I bid for a carpet on an Ebay auction starting at 99p and won at £41. There was no reserve price, or Buy-it-now.

After trying to obtain details for collection

the seller emailed me "Item sold wrong price apologise for inconvenience, Thanks".

I now find this same carpet has been relisted today, again starting at 99p with 4 bids so far (up to £10.90)and 9 days to go.

The same seller has also relisted a television that was sold a few minutes after the carpet,

in the same circumstances, and feedback was left yesterday to say "seller refuses to sell at the auction price" on a coffee table.

I have contacted Ebay, who said they will look into this as it is definately against the rules and not allowed, and will probably give her a black mark!! - Big deal!!

They also suggested I pay for the item through Paypal and then open an "unreceived item" case.

Is this a good idea??

Do I have a case to take this matter to Court?

For me it is a matter of principle.

If you decide to bring court action you would have grounds to do so. Once the virtual hammer fell a contract was formed between you and the the seller. You could probably sue them for the full price of an alternative carpet of a similar specification - even if you end up having to pay more for it.

See this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_v_Davies

If you decide to bring court action you would have grounds to do so. Once the virtual hammer fell a contract was formed between you and the the seller. You could probably sue them for the full price of an alternative carpet of a similar specification - even if you end up having to pay more for it.

Threatened Court action as above and they are now claiming that they have spilt paint on the carpet, but I am welcome to purchase it for the bid price if I accept the damage! I have asked them for a photograph. We'll see what happens! Following all this, they finally removed the relist.