Grattan Catalogue - refusing credit

Cazzle18
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mum and myself have been with Grattan catalogue for well over 30 years

- so you can imagine the amount we have spent..

...3 years ago I ordered a 50 inch tv/fridge freezer/washing machine/laptop/ipad and the bill came to £5400 ..

..i've now paid half of it off and have a current debt of £2600 (which I'm still paying)...

.my mum has a debt of £1,000 with them.

According to the credit available to spend we have over £8,000 available

(I say we as my mum is elderly and I have a computer and I arrange the monthly payments online).

For christmas, my children wanted a desktop computer each (to stop them arguing) at a total of £1600 for both

(Yes, a lot I know but, when you don't have cash on hip to go and buy one

- you have to pay through the nose).

Two credit agreements arrived (already signed by Grattan's head office)

- I signed them and sent them straight back....and was awaiting delivery.

I checked online and the computer's had been 'cancelled'.

..mum rang them and they were quite abrupt and said we didn't have enough credit available (????£8,000 is what then?).

We have never failed to pay, never defaulted, my mum is a VIP agent having been with them since 1983 .

Grattan have said people have ordered items from them and never paid

- so they're stricter with their credit terms.

What I want to know is - is my credit agreement legally binding?

What does your credit agreement state? Have they ever sent any altered terms?

Did they give you a reason in writing why you were denied further credit yet had a current standing of £8000? What exactly did they say to you?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

They said that we're limited to £3000 each as other agents were ordering well above their 'means' and then not paying - we have never 'not paid' and nor have any of our previous customers (3 years ago it was £6,000 credit each for me and my mum as we were joint VIP agents)...we've never been refused credit with Grattan in the past ....if we sign any new customers, they will have a starting credit of £250 (it was £500 before !)....another one of our customers who has previously spent over £2,000 on a bed and bedroom furniture (AND paid it up in full) - has had her credit reduced back to £250 - she is also furious (she has an excellent credit rating with Experian). I've seen various forums around the internet saying it's since the Americans took over Grattan/Freemans that agents are having problems ordering items within their credit limits others have moaned that credit limits have been tightened recently. We've not had any written/verbal communication to say that credit limits were being 'limited' to this extent....Grattan say it is happening to other agents/customers too