Longford cars coventry (barbar cars)

russflyin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I just made this account to shout out to all that I can about a company in Coventry called (Longford Cars). also uses the name barbar cars and a few others im sure,

I took my 04 plate Focus in to trade for a Y Reg Ford Mondeo. Little did I know but the car that was sold to me was not safe for the road WHAT SO EVER!:-x.... First off it runs on 3 cylinders most of the time This alone makes the car impossible to drive!.... the front left strut has gone, all the Doors lock on there own when they want and will not open until it wants to, sometimes takes half a day to unlock... my wife could not get out the car! had to climb over to the drivers seat!!... if we had a crash?????..... Engine light came on the day I got it, Drivers seat is stuck in the fully raised position and will not budge... makes alarming noise from steering rack when turning.. tail pipe blowing.. the list is endless!.

I rang the guy (Gurdip Virdi) and he told me to bring the car back for him to look.. so I did last sunday. and he was not there... just a bald guy and a pakistan mechanic who spoke 100 mph I was taken to some dodgy site where he stores he's cars.. I was not allowed to drive myself I was told I had to get in one of there cars?????..anyhow I was taken and shown a MGF a car with rust and a tear in the roof. the intakes had just been welded on with no paint so from the look of that it had water left inside for yrs.... Oh and he couldn't get it to start..lol!!! after that I was made to wait in the rain while he tried to get a old Volvo started.. after 45 - 60 mins of trying and being soaking WET! he got it started and then crashed it into a merc... at this point I could not believe my eyes..!!

I was then told to go home and wait... someone will contact me Wednesday but all I got was Nothing!.

so called him last night and he said " sorri m8 go back in the morning and he will sort you out ".

So I went today and the same 2 guys was on site, looked at my car. took it for a run and agreed it has problems but was then told to " F*ck off and don't come back you brought it sold as seen so its not our problem get lost "....??..

I was upset by this so again I called Gurdip Virdi on he's mobile number he re responded

" you piece of Sh*t you are full of crap. you lie and your a waste of time, your a looser and at the bottem end that will never mount to anything If you call again we will TURN UP AT YOUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!"... there was other words said but I don't rly need to say it all..

Now this is a Warning to anyone who tries to buy a car from this guy.... he is also on ebay as barbarcars Longford cars and other names after looking online.... Wish I would of done this sooner!!!..

I will contact Vosa in the morning and get them check the car over. Trading Standards and other regulators , media ect will be informed..

This guy needs to be Shut down!.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Does not surprise me at all. This guy / that garage has been 'at it' for literally years. They have been done by trading standards before - fined a huge amount of money too. Problem is they just close down and then reopen under a new name. Some trading names I know of are Longford cars, barber cars, px/swaps, alfies cars, Vicarage motor company.... the list goes on. Common theme is the address off the Longford road Coventry, opposite Longford park main entrance and the fact that their adverts are always a bit shifty - claiming to px/swap anything for anything pretty much.

Sorry to say but you wont get any joy trying to go down the court route either. Others have tried it and even with a judgement they don't pay up.

Why were you swapping an 04 focus for a Y 01? Mondeo anyway?

yes I will be going after him directly now I have he's Home address and name already!. I was very surprised with the amount of information that has been passed to me about him so far.. I will instruct my solicitor in the morning. If I can get a judgement on him I can then enforce a balifts to collect. But I think a legislation may help.?. obtaining property by deception. i.e lie about the mondeo to gain my car. if he knew about this problems but making out everything was fine in order to deceive me.... he clamed it had a inspection? if it had he would of known about the faults..Guilty ( I have the ebay page saved and a screenshot shows what he clamed it was on the advert).. if it didn't have it checked then he is reselling cars not knowing its condition making out thay are in working order.. that in it's self is against the law.... because he has done this many times there is a clear sign that something is wrong. if we don't act someone will end up dead on the side of the road while this jerk is laughing!.

Make sur eyou get all your facts in order before you start legal proceedings. You dont want him to worm his way out of it. Remember, you have to issue a LBA first, and in that time period, he could easily slink away. You need to make sure you corner him so theres nothing he can do.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D