Put in very difficult position by a Unison employee.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I work for a County Council and am a paid up member of Unison.

I recently had cause to speak to a parent about an issue and they identified themselves as working for Unison during ‘discussions’ about a serious complaint they had. They made several threats to us, using their standing, to have us investigated for apparently wasting money and for discrimination. This is without first establishing the facts that prove they are in fact wrong on every count.

We are all facing severe funding cuts and as such are expecting a large number of redundancies and I take exception with the fact that this person has effectively abused their position and threatened people like me in order to bring about change. I’m not naïve enough to deny that this goes on every day in one form or another but I have taken exception to this especially as I pay for people like them to look after our interests and to not make even vaguely veiled threats.

Do I have grounds for making a complaint to Unison and will it jeopardise anything with my employment?

Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

Sounds like an empty threat by the person to bully you into doing what they want. As for working, im pretty sure they meant volunteering.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D