Issues with Ebuyer and unauthorised payments.

PIXeL_92
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys I am new here and looking for some advice in regards to an issue that I have had with Ebuyer, apparently I am not the only one.

I had some RAM sticks and after 8 months they went faulty,

I shipped them back to Ebuyer opposed to the manufacture Corsair,

thinking the replacement would be quicker, boy was I wrong.

they collected the RAM and sent it back and that was all fine,

but the next day I got a message to say that due to them being over 6 months old

I can only get a partial refund so from a £75 purchase I got a £62 refund,

I didn't want this and I chose to have them replaced after getting that confirmed

with the agent on the phone twice with that not being an issue.

after all of that I didn't get the choice to stop the refund and chose to get it sent back to me to go via the manufacture.

I called on the Friday about 30 mins before they closed they said the refund has not been made

and I will cancel it now but we can't confirm your RAM is still here till Monday.

after a long weekend waiting about thinking about am I going to have to fork out another £80 I don't have (as the new set had doubled in price.)

I called them on the Monday and they said the refund had been made so I would have to pay it back to them,

I said that is fine but the refund isn't in my account and won't be till Wednesday

and they said well if you want we can authorize the payment on Wednesday so it gives you time to get your refund to then give back to us.

That was noted and stated on my account.

Later on on Monday afternoon I checked my bank and I was overdrawn,

it turned out they took the money from me on Monday

when I said it was only Authorized to come out on the Wednesday.

now I am getting charged by my bank and Ebuyer are playing me for a fool and saying there was no note,

but I called there bluff and said I had a recording of the call and they magically found the note.

I will get an app to record calls and use it and call again to get actual proof in case they call my bluff.

now have the proof that the payment was only to go through on the Wednesday.

where do I stand to get these bank charges paid.

Any help would be handy.

Cheers guys.

Sorry for the long read.

Tell your bank to issue an immediate charge back as it was an unauthorised transaction. DOnt let the bank give you the run around. DEMAND they follow the law and your instructions. The charges can be dealt with easily as the transaction was unauthorised, or you could simply invoice ebuyer and if they fail to respond, get the complaints rolling and follow up with possible legal action.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sounds about right for Ebuyer, I recently commented on a thread further down the page outlining the dangers of returning stuff older than 6 months to Ebuyer.

I was in the exact situation as yourself, promised a replacement on the phone and fobbed off with a partial refund once they had the item back. Seems to be happening a lot more these days with Ebuyer.

Get onto your bank and don’t let them get away with it.

If you give a payment authority it can be acted upon at any time. If you recorded the conversation forbidding the payment collection until wednesday then you can prove they have breached a contract with you but that is different from the payment authority itself.

hey great news

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...