Learn how to stop dca phone calls !! Result

Guest CHEVRA
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3890 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest CHEVRA

We all know how hard it is to stop these constant dca calls. The ideal solution would be to get your number removed from their system.

I tried a cheeky method and it worked. I diverted my phone calls to .............wherever you want. when they realise its obviously a wrong number they remove right away. you need to be creative in where you divert it to. Only do it for a few hours or you may forget to undivert!!!

Places that are sure to get your number removed....banks ( that's the best ) insurance companies, speaking clock, police ( only general enquiry number ) the bbc the oft etc.

Have fun

Getting your number removed is easy - it is stopping it getting back on that is the hard part.

Sorry Chevra, but there are plenty of posts on CAG on how to stop DCA calls, including using filtering software.

Not necessary to have your number transferred elsewhere either.

My favourite is to answer unknown callers in Japanese.

I have to say that I have found a letter to them quoting Harrison v Link as well as OFT guidelines has always worked. Just wish the same would work for those 000000 type numbers that keep calling me.

I haven't had a phone call from DCA on either my landline or mobile now for months, quite boring really

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .