Complaint to insurace

filrobbo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, could you please help a friend of mine was alleged to of run into the back of another car when they suddenly stopped, but he didn't hit the car in front, they jumped out of thecar holding there necks , he took pics of the vehicle and exchanged details and of he went, they are trying to claim £200 pound damage to their car, and for whiplash injuries, they say they have a witness to the accident so his insurance company what to pay them , my friend is livid because he knows there was no contact with the vehicle, he thinks the insurance company have not investigated this and are not acting on is best interests , is there any template letters we can use to make a complaint to his insurance company . Thank you Fil.

The insurance company sent a engineer to look at my friends car, to see if there was any damage to the car, and he said it was probable that the car had been in a collision, so with that the insurance company have said my friend is liable and are paying out. Sorry forgot to mention the car isa taxi and has different people driving it the car is a workhorse but my friend was driving it at the time of the alleged accident, do we need to write a letter of complaint to the insurance company before we take it to the FOS. Any help with letter would help thanks Fil.

The insurance company sent a engineer to look at my friends car, to see if there was any damage to the car, and he said it was probable that the car had been in a collision, so with that the insurance company have said my friend is liable and are paying out. Sorry forgot to mention the car isa taxi and has different people driving it the car is a workhorse but my friend was driving it at the time of the alleged accident, do we need to write a letter of complaint to the insurance company before we take it to the FOS. Any help with letter would help thanks Fil.

Waste of time. The Insurers are entitled to decide on matters of liability per the policy terms and it is up to them what costs they incur in investigating any iffy claims from a third party. The FOS won't get involved.

You can suffer from whiplash at any speed. The Insurers said that it was probable the car had been in a collision presumably because the bumper showed signs of recent impact and the third party is also claiming for damage to the back of their car.

Very annoying, but if you touch any car in front of you, you will sometimes get people who take the p*ss.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thing is he stopped a foot from the car they stopped to let someone cross the road and they are there witness to the collision on the statement they say they were 5cm from the incident it's all sounds a bit iffy to me.

Edited by filrobbo

Hello Coniff has asked me to take a look at this for you.

The 'claimants' car was the vehicle displaying a UK registration plate?

From the description of events I think this is a case of 'cash for crash' faking rear end collisions is very frequent at the moment, the conmens car often has Eastern European plates or false UK plates.

I would suggest that this incident is reported to the local police traffic department I expect them to be much aware of this con.

I hope the reg No. was taken at the time.

This has been happening on roundabouts a lot the con car brakes suddenly in the hope a following

car will collide with it, all the points set out seem to apply to this case.

Notify the insurers that the claim is refuted and being reported to the police as a 'cash for crash' incident.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Waste of time. The Insurers are entitled to decide on matters of liability per the policy terms and it is up to them what costs they incur in investigating any iffy claims from a third party. The FOS won't get involved.

You can suffer from whiplash at any speed. The Insurers said that it was probable the car had been in a collision presumably because the bumper showed signs of recent impact and the third party is also claiming for damage to the back of their car.

Very annoying, but if you touch any car in front of you, you will sometimes get people who take the p*ss.

Cash for crash [problem]! Insurers are well aware of it but don't want to acknowledge that it happens.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Ok thank you could you take a look at this letter and add bites or take bits away .

Dear Sir or madam,

I refute all of this claim as there was no collision with the vehicle stated in the claim. I believe this to be a fraudulent claim and I am reporting this matter to the police and also the Insurance Fraud Bureau for crash for cash.

Furthermore it is my belief that you have not acted in my best interests and will be taking this up with the relevant government bodies. Your lack of investigation into this matter has led me to believe you are only interested in making more money from me.

You did not look at the photos that were taken after the incident, you only went on the engineers report that the car could have had a front end collision. The damage could have been done before or even after the alleged incident, as it is so slight as to be hardly noticeable.

Furthermore, you have not taken into account that the witness said she was only 5cm away from the car and would surely have come into contact with the car if it had been hit from behind with enough force to cause whiplash injuries. I also find it highly suspicious the fact that the witness was given a lift home by the claimant.

Yours faithfully

Edited by Conniff
Tidied up a bit

Why would they when it gives them plenty of excuses to raise premiums?

Who knows why insurers do anything.?

I would disagree that whiplash can occur at any speed. I would also question the engineer about his estimate of the speed of impact at the strength of the materials cars are made of vary according to the part but will all have elastic deformation up to certain speeds so it is possible to calculate the speed of the impact by the permanent damage or lack of it.

Problem is employing a scientist or qualified engineer to investigate and write a proper report costs money and it is often cheaper to pay up as ultimately you are the one paying so the insurer doesnt really suffer. I would go and report the matter to the police as suggested, there is a pattern of behaviour for these claims so they may have enough cumulative evidence to do something about it.

Thank you for your post I am going to type up the letter in fl tomorrow and when he gets all the info about the other party back from the insurance company we are going to forward it all to the IFB thank you all again for your time.