Leech and Co. Sols Manchester send county court claim for road accident.

overdone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3874 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last 24 November I was involved in a traffic accident LV insurance my ins comp ruled was my fault and I went along with them. Despite being fully comp I have a county court claim, stamped as served 8 Oct 2013 which arrived Saturday. The claimant is suing me personally for whiplash and 2000 pound because they hired a car and for private therapy all at this late stage I suspect because LV have said they wont pay for these things. What possibly is going on here?

Worried Overdone.

Edited by overdone
typo

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

The old whiplash con is happening. Hes probably tried a no win no fee solicitor who has told him he doesnt stand a chance of winning, so now hes trying his luck in smc.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Take a read here overdone :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?405042-County-Court-claim-Judge-amp-Priestly-not-a-debt-claim-for-driving-damages

You must deal with the claim yourself its issued against you not your Insurance Company.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thread moved to General Legal Issues.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Take a read here overdone :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?405042-County-Court-claim-Judge-amp-Priestly-not-a-debt-claim-for-driving-damages

You must deal with the claim yourself its issued against you not your Insurance Company.

Regards

Andy

Is legal aid still around for this type of thing if on benefits?

It is imperative that you contact your insurers immediately, regardless of whether you intend to defend this yourself or have them take it over on your behalf.

Car insurance covers you for liability to third parties but if you don't tell the insurers, this cover could be invalidated because you didn't follow your insurer's instructions.

Indeed, there is usually a clause in the terms and conditions requiring you to notify them without delay of any legal action. Ignore this only if you want to run the the risk of losing the claim and having to pay damages and costs out of your pocket.

The fact that the claim has been issued to you personally doesn't invalidate the insurer's interest in the claim, and they should normally either apply to be joined as Defendant, or arrange for legal representation to defend you.

LV insurance said not to be alarmed because it was sent directly to me as it is common. They will appoint solicitors to defend claim, I gave LV the ref no and date of service and must post my stuff to them from court. LV will block any judgement against me. Does this make sense?

Who is the naimed claimant on the court form from northampton?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

LV insurance said not to be alarmed because it was sent directly to me as it is common. They will appoint solicitors to defend claim, I gave LV the ref no and date of service and must post my stuff to them from court. LV will block any judgement against me. Does this make sense?

This is perfectly normal so pass the paperwork to your insurer ASAP! Keep a copy just in case for your own records.

Who is the naimed claimant on the court form from Northampton?

The person I had the crash with. His solicitors are mentioned though but only within the documents.

Edited by overdone
i cant spell

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Overdone,

We refer to the above matter and we confirm that the proceedings received have been sent to our solicitors to act on your behalf the firm of solicitors are called Berrymans.

We confirm proceedings were issued to the dispute over the amount of compensation claimed by driver of the other vehicle.

LV insurance

Edited by overdone
typo