bwlegal & Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have today received a correspondent from BWLegal stating theyare acting on behalf of Lowell Portfolio 1 ltd

and that they will file aBankruptcy Petition against me in my local county court.

Okay keep this tread to the point

four years ago I was indebt by 1300 pounds Vanquis Visa credit card kept on leading me

and I kept ongoing into debt to the point I owe them1500 pounds ,

when I was not able to pay any debt back

they kept on applying double interest and service charge follow by admin charge.

So theamount is in dispute to this point Vanquis pass my details on toLowell Portfolio 1 ltd

who pass myinformation on to Red debt collectors

who for some reason pass the information on to third party and now I gotBWlegal acting on behalf of Lowell Portfolio 1ltd

I have sent a emailtoday to BWlegal today please have a look at the end of thistread .

I am worried about losing my house , bank and the little money I have left ,

I have fourkids to feed and this type of letters throw you in the dark end.

What can I do?

please help

this email was sent today :

You havecontacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which youclaim is owed by myself.

I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed toLowell Portfolio 1 Ltd

I am familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance whichstates that it unfair to send demands

for payment to an individual when it isuncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair topursue third parties for payment when they are not liable.

In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried ordisputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled orare disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts tophysical/psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unlessyou can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed.

Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the tradingstandards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Good start on this one... However i would suggest doing it via Royal Mail... Its much easier to deal with!!! :)

But then again youve done the first contact but so i would suggest to see what they come back with...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

If BW Legal have sent that letter to you, it would seem to indicate that they have served a statutory demand on you.

Have you received a statutory demand at your address ?

You have to take this seriously, as the consequences are that you are found bankrupt and they force you to sell the house.

If this debt is yours and there is anyway that you can make an offer of payment,

I would suggest that you do so.

Sending an email suggesting that you know nothing of the debt, is not a great idea.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thread moved to Financial Legal forum :-)

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If BW Legal have sent that letter to you, it would seem to indicate that they have served a statutory demand on you. Have you received a statutory demand at your address ?

You have to take this seriously, as the consequences are that you are found bankrupt and they force you to sell the house. If this debt is yours and there is anyway that you can make an offer of payment, I would suggest that you do so. Sending an email suggesting that you know nothing of the debt, is not a great idea.

Hang on here,.. they may not have necessarily received a Statutory demand,... Yet...

But i would like to know what the deal is with this...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hang on here,.. they may not have necessarily received a Statutory demand,... Yet...

But i would like to know what the deal is with this...

From what I have read, Lowells send a letter saying that they are passing the account to BW Legal.

Then BW Legal write saying that they will be looking to serve a statutory demand as the first step towards bankuptcy.

Then the SD is served.

Then BW legal send a letter saying that they will be lodging a bankruptcy petition with the court.

My reading from the OPs' post, is that we are at the latter stage and therefore the email sent is not really an adequate resposnse.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

From what I have read, Lowells send a letter saying that they are passing the account to BW Legal. Then BW Legal write saying that they will be looking to serve a statutory demand as the first step towards bankuptcy. Then the SD is served. Then BW legal send a letter saying that they will be lodging a bankruptcy petition with the court.

My reading from the OPs' post, is that we are at the latter stage and therefore the email sent is not really an adequate resposnse.

Oh fully agree with your comments about the email :)

I think we are at the beginning stage now of the fight with Lowell & BW Legal.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Anyone going to give the OP a chance to reply??

Hello infoseeker,

I'm afraid your letter is inappropriate in these circumstances.

1. Given the history you have given you are aware of the debt and that it has been passed to Lowell Portfolio 1 which is assigning a 3rd party to pursue the debt.

2. You need to pursue Vanquis in regard to the charges as a separate matter, the charges do not affect the enforceability of the debt, the creditor will have decided the charges are correct and no dispute exists, there is nothing to prevent Vanquis from selling the debt on alleged dispute or not.

I'm telling you this because if BW legal issue a statutory demand on behalf of Lowell what you state in the letter will not help you, an will not in my opinion make a viable defence if this goes to court.

What you need to be doing is a CCA Request to Lowell Portfolio 1 and a Subject Access Request to Vanquis.

A CCA request goes to the Compliance Manager at Lowell cost is £1 statutory fee use cheque or postal order clearly marked for 'statutory fee only' Lowell have 12 + 2 Working days to comply

SAR costs £10 statutory fee (same conditions cheque/PO marked up) Vanquis have 40 Calendar days to comply, this gets you ALL the data held on you and the account you need to look at all charges applied to the account including any 'insurances.'

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

yes get that SAR off

why not send them a CCA too

SAR to vanquish

CCA to Lowlife.

lowlife/red/BW/Hamptons are just blokes at the next desk in a diff skirt.

are you sure the letter says WILL

not loads of ifs/but/instructed/could/minded.

scan it up please

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

try www.pdfescape.com TO BLANK STUFF,

or

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or use www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice dd-mm-yyyy TSB

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Anyone going to give the OP a chance to reply??

They hopefully will in due course, when they have a chance.

I have just sent this letter to BW Legal asking for the CCA , wish me all the best

I acknowledge the receipt of your correspondence via email dated07/10/2013 from Bhadur Singh Sur.

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreementrelating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Actrequires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within thestatutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with myrequest, the provisions of s.77(6) will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 appliesin the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass thisrequest to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are acreditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but notthe duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clearthat an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From UnfairTradingclip_image001.gif Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a cheque in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note thatthese funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you shouldconfirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within thestatutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

let me know your feed back

Guys thanks so much for your replies hopefully this should help others , this is what I received from them via email

Dear Sir,

I write in reference to the above matter and thank you for your email received on 4 October 2013.

Unfortunately due to the Data Protection Act we are unable to discuss any information pertaining to the reference quoted without first completing Data Protection verification.

We would therefore appreciate it if you could contact our offices on the below number in order to complete Data Protection verification enquiries which will allow us to correspond via email in future.

Alternatively, please provide your contact details so that we may contact you.

Kind Regards,

so in respond to this I have send them a letter demanding CCA with a cheque amount of One pound

We recommend a Postal Order rather than cheque infoseeker.

Regards

Andy

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Guys thanks so much for your replies hopefully this should help others , this is what I received from them via email

Dear Sir,

I write in reference to the above matter and thank you for your email received on 4 October 2013.

Unfortunately due to the Data Protection Act we are unable to discuss any information pertaining to the reference quoted without first completing Data Protection verification.

We would therefore appreciate it if you could contact our offices on the below number in order to complete Data Protection verification enquiries which will allow us to correspond via email in future.

Alternatively, please provide your contact details so that we may contact you.

Kind Regards,

so in respond to this I have send them a letter demanding CCA with a cheque amount of One pound

the time to have verified your identity would have been prior to them sending you the original letter.. not afterwards..

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I Couldn't agree more with your statement citizen ,

what gets me down is these company actually do get away with these threat ,

and the so call 'People Government' well they do not care about the poor.

I am in debt not because I wanted to go in debt but was force to go this far.

When families have to feed their young's one then people have little choice but to borrow money when state fails.

I Couldn't agree more with your statement citizen , what gets me down is these company actually do get away with these threat , and the so call 'People Government' well they do not care about the poor. I am in debt not because I wanted to go in debt but was force to go this far. When families have to feed their young's one then people have little choice but to borrow money when state fails.

A question I don't think was answered. Have you received a statutory demand ?

Hi guys

I have received this letter today from BWlegal in respond to my request forCCA , [Please see attach image file ] your prompt reply would very much beappreciated as I only have until 25 October 2013 before they kick me out of myhouse.

So everyone is familiar with what has gone on with BWlegal ,I received a letter from BWlegal stating they are going to Send aBankruptcy petition to court to be issued. I respond back with three action

sent a letter with One pound cheque to BWlegal asking them for CCAusing the template from here

Sent a letter with one pound cheque to Lowell Portfolio

and sent a letter with 5 pounds payment towards my debit to VanquisBank Limited. asking them to send me a paying in book so I can pay themevery month.

the only respond I received was from bwlegal please see the imagefile

Our Client: Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd

Balance Due: 2702.01

Original Creditor: Vanquis Bank Limited

As you are aware , we representLowell Portfolio 1 Ltd

You were served with the Satutory Demand by way of Personal service on 4October 2013

Please contact ################ ofthis office on 0113-357-0526 ext ##### as soon as possible to discuss this matter further so that a settlementarrangement can be reached.

If we fail to receive a response from you by 25 October 2013 , we will senda Bankruptcy Petition to Court to be issued.

If a Bankruptcy Petition is issue, a hearing date will be set and you willbe served with the Bankruptcy Petition . If you do not pay the Petition debt infull or we do not come to a settlement arrangement, we may seek a BankruptcyOrder against you at the hearing.

If a Bankruptcy Order is made, a person know as an Offical Receiver will beappointed to manage your financial affairs. The Official Receiver will assessthe value of your assets including any property that you own, in order todecide how best to repay all of your debts not just those owed to our client.This action may incur costs that the Official Receiver can recover from yourbankruptcy estate.

In order to avoid us submitting a Bankruptcy petition to the court pleasecontact us before 25 October 2013 to arrange a payment solution.

HELP

no file attached?

so, they haven't as yet petitioned for bankruptcy and have so far just done the stat demand (which is the prerequisite)?

a stat demand can be set aside on application (within 18 days from service) with grounds. so you need to consider whether to try that (set aside), or come to an arrangement, or accept the SD and wait see what if anything they do next?

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant:

Seems to be that way Ford....

I think maybe it might be worth an arrangement if they are pushing forward with this debt to keep it out of the courts...

But for a balance of £2700? ...

Thats full of charges and penalty fees that are reclaimable.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis