Scottish Power Compensation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3890 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone - first post - asking for help (isn't that normally the way eh?!)

Recently moved into a new build property, bought from a large developer which was obviously already connected to the grid.

Suffered with a rather serious electrical fault.

Assuming it was the in house wiring, we got the contractors out that wired the house up but they found no fault.

Upon further investigation, they found that there was a problem with the incoming supply. The house had 'lost neutral'.

This turns out to be quite an extreme problem as I found out.

We have a few appliances that are now fried, and I also suffered an electric shock.

Nothing too major (no burns showing), but a trip to A&E was needed.

We haven't had an official explanation yet.

The engineer that came out to fix assumed a break in the cable somewhere between my meter

and where it 'T's' onto the main supply. This was incorrect.

A bit of fiddling in the white box outside and he managed to fix it.

I asked the engineer what was wrong, and he said "it was something very simple, I'm quite embarrassed,

I can't tell you what the problem was" and he quickly got his team together and left!

We are left assuming that someone hadn't tightened the Neutral terminal screw under one of there locked covers.

A simple, but incredibly dangerous mistake - as I found out!

Was wondering what kind of action I could expect Scottish Power to take?

Is this something I should sort out directly with SP, or should I be going straight to my solicitor?

Many thanks in advance,

Matt

I would get legal advice if possible. This could be a very complex issue. Especially if their legal team get involved.

One thing you could do first is sar them and specifically state that you want a full unredacted copy of the engineers report. This way you can be sure.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks Renegadeimp. That SAR form looks good, I assume that gets sent directly to Scottish Power? Or their 'Data Controller'?

I've already fired off an email to their first basic point of contact just so there is something on their system. Nothing too major, but just enough to get it passed onto the right department.

Depending on their reply, I'll follow that up with that SAR forum.

Thanks again,

we have Scottish power onboard here

i'm sure they would be willing to assist in this .

would you like me to alert them

though ofcourse they'll prob see this thread anyhow soon.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Oh thanks dx100uk - I'll see how it goes with my first email. Hopefully it'll get escalated to the appropriate team straight away, but if not, the help of SP via this forum would be great. I'll let you know. Thanks

If you send the SAR, it goes to their data controller and is sent by recorded delivery. That way they cant say they 'lost' it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 weeks later...

So we're approaching the deadline I gave them of 10 days. I've heard nothing so far via email as I requested. My next step will be to write a letter, and send recorded delivery. Could it be that the problem is too "major" for the generic help-email to deal with? Or are they tremendously busy? Perhaps I'm giving them too much credit, and they're hoping to ignore me would make me stop pursuing...

Dx100uk - could I take you up on that offer of alerting someone from Scottish Power here to maybe get some guidance?

Many thanks,

Matt

I did matt

I notice they've not been around for a month now

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...