Homebase Faulty Goods Issue

reeksy86
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a bed through Homebase back in May this year. I bought it in the sale reduced from £400 to £170. When I ordered it I was given a date 2 weeks later for delivery. Then they called the day before delivery was due to push delivery back another 2 weeks. When the bed was delivered we put it together and although the mattress was much thinner than the "luxury" mattress we where told it was including it was ok. It lasted 3 days and the top of the bed collapsed, the wheels from the divan had gone through the material, and the head end was lower than the feet.

I called them the next morning, and asked for a replacement mentioning the mattress, they agreed to send a whole new bed out, this time it took 4 weeks again for delivery the mattress was much better, and the bed seemed ok. Again it lasted a little while and the side of the bed collapsed. I again called in expressing by now I really wasn't happy and they said they would send a new base out. Leaving us the old mattress. Again however it was a 4 week delivery time.

The bed was delivered saturday when I put it together it was ok, first night in it the legs went straight through again. I was working until today so rang them this afternoon. They initially offered me a bed to the value of the presale price so £400 and asked me to look at the replacement to that value, but for compensation they would get a manager to ring me. When the manager rang they said no way the bed was now reduced again from £400 to £130, so they would give us the current price £130 plus compensation of £60 so a total of £190 to spend at homebase. Not even a refund. They now only do 2 divans this one at £130 and a much more expensive bed at £1000.

Surely I am entitled to the full purchase price plus the £60 offered as compensation as a refund, or can I not choose a bed from there sister company Argos? Could someone let me know what I am allowed to ask for. Thanks

Knowledge is Power

It would not be unreasonable to expect a full refund plus £60 compensation for the total inconvenience involved,

Read (Google) SOGA (sale of goods act) it will explain your rights,then contact Homebase and insist on a full refund +£60 compensation.

Do not take any nonsense about warranty/guarantee SOGA is all you need.

FS