style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest peed orf

I'll undercut him/her, make a fortune!

No, seriously....it's advertising, I'll hit it later with a cheap version, couple of pence to cover the listing. Might be an idea for anyone else with an ebay account.

• 3 months later...

I know it was very childish, but I spent £1.99 on a letter which will allow me to claim all my bank charges back. Have a look at -

eBay.co.uk: **WANT TO RECOUP ALL THEM BANK CHARGES?**WORTH A LOOK** (item 140068470126 end time 25-Feb-07 14:43:28 GMT)

I had to get it you see, because it is prossionaly worded. Not like the nonsense templates you get on here :razz:

Seriously though, it gave me a chance to leave him negative feedback and to leave a link to this site. Boy, was he miffed. Here's his email to me... unedited.

Hi i was just wondering if you could explain how leaving me neg feedback for something you haven't evan recieved is fair? I understand it is free and i have never denied that. The reason i am selling this information is because it is already written in a letter for you and all that is needed to be dont is change a few personal detials. I will be reporting you for buying an item and leaving neg feedback before evan been recieved (MATTER OF MINITES). Sorry you are not happy about this........

P.S i will be leaving neg feedback in return!!!!!!

Silly boy. And is he ever going to be upset if I find his letter is copied from here. Not only will I report him for a breach of eBay policy, but I'll throw in copyright too. Obviously, if his letter IS his own work, I fully expect it to be as PROSSIONALY written as his email.

Sometimes your inner child just cries out for attention. :lol:

Seahorse

The toys are out of the pram!!!! :grin:

Let me stop you there? yoy will recieve your letter in due time as im off to yorkshire today!!! I can asure you that all you would need to do is send this letter to your bank and they will get back to you within 14 working days. I have claimed money back just by sending this letter to my bank and so have about 12 lad from inverness airport!!!!

Oh and one small thing, my partner works in the Bank and said when i first recieved the letter that the bank will read the letter and said that they WILL pay you the bank charges you are owed.

I really dont think you are equipped to be telling me how to sell and what to sell bank charges.

I have never said you wont get you letter and i have also never threatened you, if you want to play itcthe hard way you can. people like you wast genuine sellers time (my feedback never got that high with out been a genuine seller) so c u soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope not i advise you not to buy anymore items off me as i will be barring you from buying any of my items

Seahorse

Charge him!(grammatricide is a serious offence).

Offer to make available a correctly spelt and phrased copy of his document.

Hmm........now where did I find mine? Oh yes, Moneysavingexpert.com and the Consumer Action Group.

Gratuit.

Oh, dear. This looks suspiciously like the letter available on penaltycharges.co.uk Except with spelling mistakes. (Does he know how to cut and paste, or does he like doing it all the hard way?)

So, breach of copyright there too, methinks.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Due to Recent media coverage on bank charges I am now aware that you, BANK NAME, have been charging me charges that are contrary to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Regulations 1999. Subsection 1 (e) of the said regulations gives a non-complete list of terms which may be regarded as unfair, such as terms which requires me as a consumer who fails in his obligation, to pay a disproportionably high sum of compensation. I believe that your charges as disproportionably high, therefore they are contrary to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Regulations 1999. In addition I believe your charges are a penalty. Penalty charges are irrecoverable at common law. The precedent for this was a Scottish Case. Castaneda and Others V Clydebank Engineering and shipbuilding Co Ltd (1904) 12 SLT 498. Along with the English case of Dunlop Pneumatic Tyre Co Ltd V New Garage and Motor Co Ltd (1915) AC 79. It was clear that a contractual party can only redcover charges for an actual or real loss.

Your charges appear to be nothing more than a lucrative profit making scheme. Therefore I require you to refund my entire bank charges dating back ?? years. If this is not

done with in 14 days I will be forced to take legal action.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours Sincerely,

Seahorse

And my reply to him is...

No, sorry. If I sent this, I'd be laughed at by my bank. You purported to sell a professionally written letter. This, however, falls far short of such an item, littered as it is with poor grammer and spelling mistakes. You are therefore in breach of contract and I require you to refund my money immediately.

In addition, this letter is as near identical as makes no difference to the standard template available as a free download from penaltycharges.co.uk and is therefore a clear breach of copyright. This is contrary to eBay policy,and is in itself reason enough to report you to eBay.

However, I am prepared to accept that you have acted perhaps rather naively. If you undertake to remove from sale on eBay all other such "items" that you have for sale, remove my negative feedback, and return my money which you have obtain unlawfully, I shall not proceed down the route of reporting your activities. Your negative feedback will remain. There is no room for negotiation. Please indicate your willingness or otherwise to cooperate by return.

Sincerely,

Seahorse

He's still not finished. And neither am I :D

I DO mind you asking.

You do NOT need my Paypal details. You simply need to use your own Paypal account to refund my payment.

I iterated that my agreement was not up for negotiation. As you seem unwilling to be reasonable, I shall report you for breaching eBay policy regarding copyright.

Seahorse

----- Original Message -----

scammonger

To:

Sent:
Thursday, February 01, 2007 12:39 AM

Subject:
Re: bank charges

If you dont mind me asking what bank are you with because i have sent mine to bank of scotland and nationwide, my mate sent his to clydesdale and a bloke sent his to royal bank of scotland. We have all recieved our money back. I am not willing to take away your negitive feedback. I will also not remove this listing. If you send me your paypal ill give you money back.

Hi again, i have sent you a refund if you only get 1.72 let me know and ill refund the other 0.27p also i am removing all the bank charges listings, thanks ash

He's not so bad after all. Took him a while, but I think he now understands why I was so angry. I guess I'll be nice too and remove his negative feedback.

CABOT, Barclaycard and RBoS be WARNED though. I'm NOT going to show my soft side with you lot. YOU have all pushed me TOO FAR. :-x

Seahorse

He's not so bad after all. Took him a while, but I think he now understands why I was so angry. I guess I'll be nice too and remove his negative feedback.

Now why would you want to go and do a silly thing like removing the negative? ;)

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

We can't let this happen...I've just asked this person why they are selling a service for £47, that's free to everyone.... her user ID at Ebay is elaine230355 Perhaps we should all ask her the same question..wondering if I can report this to Ebay

Just hate every DCA out there

You certainly can report it. I suspect that it will be made up from templates all pinched from the forums and self help groups. So report her for attempting to sell suspected copyrighted material electronically. There is a route in eBay to do this, and it's very easy to do. That's what I have done. She is also trying to sell a Pro version for over ninety quid. If everybody did this, eBay would have to do something. There's no point her trying to put a disclaimer in her listing saying the info is in the public domain, as simply being available on the web does NOT make it so. An even stronger case could be made by saying that the information here is available only to forum members.

Angry Seahorse

You certainly can report it. I suspect that it will be made up from templates all pinched from the forums and self help groups. So report her for attempting to sell suspected copyrighted material electronically. There is a route in eBay to do this, and it's very easy to do. That's what I have done. She is also trying to sell a Pro version for over ninety quid. If everybody did this, eBay would have to do something. There's no point her trying to put a disclaimer in her listing saying the info is in the public domain, as simply being available on the web does NOT make it so. An even stronger case could be made by saying that the information here is available only to forum members.

Angry Seahorse

I've reported her and 2 others selling this service on Ebay...Also sent them private messages telling them that they're as bad as the banks for trying to charge for a service that's free..or words to that effect :p

This seller's trying to do it at reduced price of £10 lol...£47 one didnt sell...Let's all report this to Ebay

eBay.co.uk: BANK CHARGES RECLAMATION KIT DISC - FREE YOUR MONEY (item 280078375227 end time 05-Mar-07 17:09:29 GMT)

Here's another one (report them as well)

eBay.co.uk: Amazing! Reclaim Your Bank Charges Here! (item 250078212004 end time 05-Feb-07 22:35:47 GMT)

Gotta laugh at what he says in the listing...for EG... "OK... First things first, I am a trusted e-bay buyer/seller" and most of what his listing says is b******t ..check it out...God these people make me angry!!!!

I have tried reporting for copyright material previously - all that happens is that someone in eBay asks the seller "Are you breaching copyright?", the seller says "No, sir." and eBay saw that it was good*. The worst part is that if you try addressing this on the eBay forums, the response you will get is "Have you bought the item? Do you know that it is violating copyright?" - this is particularly annoying if the item you have brought to their attention is DVDs for a currently-running TV series right up to the episode that aired last Wednesday night in the US. Second-worst is "You're not the copyright holder, why are you complaining?". This is what you get for being a good citizen.

Of course, all of this is entirely contingent on there being any actual copyright in the letters, which I think might not even be the case (something to do with separation of idea and expression).

* with apologies to Genesis c1

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

Guest ian cognito

There are currently 17 similar items for sale on e-bay, the only way to deal with it is to either buy and leave negative feedback (altough i don't recommend you do this on your regular e-bay account coz your likely to get it back), or to place your own add linking to this site with a minimal value of 1p.

E-bay are not interested in complaints no matter what their subject, they provide a complaints procedure simply to go through the motions, this may change when the court case for allowing the sale of counterfeit goods is concluded.

Makes you wonder why folks like the MPAA and RIAA (notoriously litigious the both of them) don't stop suing kids and grannies for home downloading, and just sue eBay (who are in a much better position to pay, and facilitate a much greater volume) instead.