speeding in a 20 zone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could be anything, speed trap run by local residents, police manned speed camera or just an exercise in making drivers aware of their speed by having someone there with a speed recording device to trigger the driver to look at their speed in relation to that allowed for the road and make adjustments.

As you weren't stopped at the roadside you'll have to wait and see if not receive anything in the post from the local police force or speed partnership body.

Feebee_71

Council don't enforce speed limits. Anyone can report a crime and in theory there's nothing to stop you being prosecuted on the say-so of a random bloke with a video camera who reports you to the police, but in practice this rarely happens for any motoring offence, and is pretty much unheard of for speeding. The bloke you saw was probably

(a) Police running a speed check, in which case he'd probably have stopped you at the time, but you might still get a notice of intended prosecution through the post in the next 14 days instead

(b)A local Community Speedwatch type, in which case you might get a letter telling you that if he catches you again he'll tell your mum, or whatever it is that they do

© Something else entirely, in which case you'll hear nothing.

Not much to do but wait and see what, if anything, turns up.

Look at it this way. . If you go over the limit, and you know you are over the limit, (which means you are driving that fast delibrately), then simply expect a letter to appear on your doormat in a week or so's time.

All i can say, and i know its a little offtopic, is thank god you didnt hit a kid or elderly person. I know you are remorseful, but please remember that the speed limits are there for a reason, and not to inconvienience you. The road next to my street has a 30 mph speed camera on it. People regularly speed past it and it has even been set on fire and vandalised multiple times.

I cant tell you how unbelievable this is. Especially when in the last 10 years, 4 people have been knocked over and seriously injured by speeding motorists there, and 3 people have died.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Look at it this way. . If you go over the limit, and you know you are over the limit, (which means you are driving that fast delibrately), then simply expect a letter to appear on your doormat in a week or so's time.

All i can say, and i know its a little offtopic, is thank god you didnt hit a kid or elderly person. I know you are remorseful, but please remember that the speed limits are there for a reason, and not to inconvienience you. The road next to my street has a 30 mph speed camera on it. People regularly speed past it and it has even been set on fire and vandalised multiple times.

I cant tell you how unbelievable this is. Especially when in the last 10 years, 4 people have been knocked over and seriously injured by speeding motorists there, and 3 people have died.

Around here, the 20mph zones appear to have been painted by hand on the road. Are the ones the o/p passed through completely legitimate?

We have all done it including yourself

I was driving in a 20 zone doing 30mph i notice some one what seemed to be videoing me he had a high viz on i was not stopped. If this was a council person can i receive a FPN?

If it was the cops they would have pulled you in at the side of the road and gave you a ticket.

We have all done it including yourself

If i did, especially in my works vehicle, i would get the sack. The only time i could have knowingly broken the speed limit would be overtaking on a dual carriageway or motorway. NEVER on minor roads, and certainly not in a 20 zone. It's stupid as hell for me to break the limit in either of the 2 vehicles i drive as they are fitted with a tracker and recorder box.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Its ok to overtake a vehicle on a motorway. Same on a dual carriage way as long as its not excessive and you return to 70 and the left lane afterwards. Even the police do it. However, we're veering off topic. We are talking about going over a 20 mph limit which is in force because of extreme risk to the general public. It is VERY silly to go faster than the posted limit.