Advice needed - Full refund but conditions apply

citybloke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HFC (Marbles credit card) have written to me agreeing to refund in full, but I must agree to pay any future charges.

Should I agree or reject the offer on the grounds that I don't accept the conditions they want to impose ?

Many thanks

HFC (Marbles credit card) have written to me agreeing to refund in full, but I must agree to pay any future charges.

Should I agree or reject the offer on the grounds that I don't accept the conditions they want to impose ?

Many thanks

Write back that you accept the cash unconditionally, and are not prepared to sign away your future rights. (Not sure that would be enforceable anyway - sems another unfair clause to me - but zootscoot will know for definite)

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Date

Account: xxxxxxxx

Sort Code xx-xx-xx

Ref: Your Offer of Settlement

Dear Whoever

I acknowledge receipt of your letter date xx/xx/xx.

I accept your offer as full and final settlement for the claim of bank charges I notifed you of in my Preliminary Letter dated xx/xx/xx and in my Letter Before Action dated xx/xx/xx.

I accept this offer without predjudice and I reserve the right to make any further claims should you apply future charges that may be considered unlawful under common law or in violation of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 or Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

I trust that you will find this arrangement acceptable.

Yours Sincerely