OC's DCA Litigation Threats!!!!

twoman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3903 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Agree it's all about money but it's always has been with the parasites.

Was wondering if there is any new legislation coming in or its todo with the FCA coming in next year...you never know the government might be considering reducing 6 year time barred in line with europe to 3 years and they panicking..!!

Seriously just wondering if anything has changed their attitude towards issuing court action.

If you use a certain internet search engine and look for Anonymous and have a read of what is gong on in the background it may open your eyes, you only have to look at the new Acts coming into law just how bad things will get, like social landlords charging for repairs soon, so much to nag about to wont lol

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

There is no new legislation. DCA's are just doing what they always do, except some DCA@s like lowell's, are making a complete mockery of the legal system and are bordering on criminal activity by lying to people, combining accounts and trying to make the debtor bankrupt, purely to get money they are NOT entitled to.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

That remains to be seen. WHen the FCA takes over from the OFT next year, they are meant to be gaining some new powers. The OFT was basically a talking shop and a 'job for the boys'. Thats why the current government basically ignored everyones please to give the OFT more power and insisted that companies/DCA's etc should be self regulated.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

All,

You should only be liable to bankruptcy on secured debts i.e property,mortgages etc and any unsecured loans,credit cards,store cards should stay unsecured.Thats why you pay a higher interest rate on unsecured loans etc and any creditor should not be allowed to secure it by charging order or make you bankrupt etc....the law needs to be changed and ....NOW!!!

The law has needed to be changed for a long time, but since a lot of DCA owners donate to whichever political party is in power, that isnt going to happen.

THe current bankruptcy limit is £750. yes, it is that low. ANd DCA's like lowells take massive advantage of this and send out claims en masse. What needs to happen is simple, just put a zero at the end and make it £7500 before bankruptcy proceedings can even be considered.

The law has needed to be changed for a long time, but since a lot of DCA owners donate to whichever political party is in power, that isnt going to happen.

THe current bankruptcy limit is £750. yes, it is that low. ANd DCA's like lowells take massive advantage of this and send out claims en masse. What needs to happen is simple, just put a zero at the end and make it £7500 before bankruptcy proceedings can even be considered.

It is too low for sure. I think £7,500 is too high, though. Maybe somewhere in the middle.

Remember that there are a lot of legitimate people who wish to make themselves bankrupt too - so the limit has to be set at the right level.

Also, there is nothing wrong with combining liabilities owing.

I think Lowells current approach IS horrific, though. 1st credit got in to hot water for doing a lot less - so I hope Lowell get a ticking off too. Such proceedings need to used proportionately.