Virgin Media Nightmare.Any advise is appreciated.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I tripped over the wire & accidently broke my virgin media router.

On calling them up I was told I would have to pay a £99 call out charge even though it was accidental.

I explained I can't afford that so would like to cancel my services ( tv, phone & broadband) as the router isn't any use to me & don't want to pay for something that doesn't work only to be told I can't as my contract doesn't finish until April next year although I haven't actually signed anything so I'm assuming its a verbal contract if that can be the case!

Im not amused,I have been a customer with them for over 11 yrs.

Any advice please?

Edited by Aunty Biff

I tripped over the wire that connects to my Virgin Media superhub&broke it

.On calling them up I was told I would have to pay a £99 call out charge even though it was accidental

.i explained I couldn't afford that so would like to cancel my services(t.v,phone&broadband

)as the router wasn't any use to me&don't want to be paying for something that doesn't work

only to be told I can't cancel as my contract doesn't end until April next year although I haven't signed any agreement

so I'm assuming they mean a verbal one if that can be the case!

Im not amused as I have been a customer with them for over 11 years.

Any advise please?

Stop talking to the front desk reps, and ask for your complaint to be escalated to a senior supervisor/manager. Explain your problem to them and they can authorise a new hub.

If they dont, then you need to get a full and formal complaint to them in writing.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Broke the wire or the hub if the latter simply buy a cheap replacement ( you can pick them up from computer shows or even car boot sales) for a £5.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Of course renegadeimp advice is the correct route because its their equipment, if it is damaged then you are unable to use their service...therefore they are then in breach of the agreement.

If the loose wire was caused by Virgin (and not you re routing it) then this opens up more legal negligence (its their duty to install and make safe of wiring).

But if you want a simple cheap fix then you have the above options.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

on another superhub - you'll have to get it registered for your cable connection

if its just the powersupply that's damaged

it will run on any PSU same voltage same little plug

as advised

dx

Edited by Andyorch
alternative edit

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Stop talking to the front desk reps, and ask for your complaint to be escalated to a senior supervisor/manager. Explain your problem to them and they can authorise a new hub.

If they dont, then you need to get a full and formal complaint to them in writing.

Thanks il give them a call back tomorrow&ask to speak to a supervisor

I totally appreciate all your help/comments but I don't think it's right to have to buy another hub myself as it was a simple accident&haven't ever over the years Ive been with them had anything like this happen before.They say honesty is the best policy but Mabye not all the time as I could have easy just said it was faulty&tjey would have sent someone out free of charge!

describe what has broken please?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Is it the wire that is broken? If so, what wire is it? If its an ethernet cable, it is very easily replaced.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

describe what has broken please?

dx

Is it the wire that is broken? If so, what wire is it? If its an ethernet cable, it is very easily replaced.

" the wire can still fit in the whole bit for it on the hub but won't stay in so I'm assuming the bit were it should screw I to has been damaged! "

Sounds like the screw thread into the modem/router...probably cracked away from the board.

yes andy that's what I am thinking

though, its very diff to break the F connector socket off on those

i'm wondering if its the screw barrel on the cable connector rather than the box end.

if so, ofc ourse its very easy to put a new one on

you can get them from almost any electrical place maplins etc etc even homebase/wicks etc do them.

lets see

dx

and they

hey biff

get your mobile phone out

or a digital camera and take a pic of what broken

then hit the go advanced button to the right of the post quick reply button

scroll down a bit

then hit the manage attachments button

and upload the picture for us.

dx

and they

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

dx

and they

Thanks for all your help everyone,I managed to get the wire in although its not screwed In as it should be but Its working.il just have to make sure i don't knock it so to speak but will be calling them up again I'm not letting it go.

put a nre plug on the end of the wires

they are pennies and can be self fitted

dx

and they

Thanks for all your help everyone,I managed to get the wire in although its not screwed In as it should be but Its working.il just have to make sure i don't knock it so to speak but will be calling them up again I'm not letting it go.

Does the screw in part look like one of those in the pic that the wire has come out of?

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS