motor insurance/ accident question

skadi05
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

really appreciate any help!

I had a minor bump on Friday in the car- the car in front of me ended up with a few scratches. Afterwards I went home and looked through all my car details and I realised that I have a problem.

Last year I bumped into a footpath and did a small bit of damage so I claimed on the insurance so this year we decided to have my partner as the main policy holder and me as a named driver (I disclosed I am the main driver). We both signed and dated the V5C registered keeper form in march but I forgot to send in the form. So I have just posted it off yesterday to arrive Monday.

I am really not sure what to do now. Do I tell the insurance company? They might now pay out the claim and I might get in trouble? Or do I hope that when they check out who the registered keeper is the name has changed over already? I would like to limit the amount of trouble I could get in and the amount of cash I might have to pay out. Really appreciate any advice!!

I would not worry about this. The car is shared between you and your partner. As long as the Insurance details are correct that is the main thing. The registered keeper issue with DVLA is a choice of you and your partner, as to who wants the car registered to them. It the person who is taking responsibility for the car.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread