Cap 1- full and final offer?

Hacked_Off
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3419 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just got this:

Your account is escalating

We have written to you several times but you still havnt repaid your debt or entered into a repayment plan. Please contact us as soon as you can as we are still committed to helping you repay this debt.

As You have not paid we have obtained information about you and your current financial circumstances from a credit reference agency to help us determine whether we should take legal action against you.

From this information we believe you are a homeowner (nope), are working (self employed), have other credit products and that using the county court is a realises tic option for us to recover the money you owe.

Our objective is tomwork with you to repay this debt. We gui inly want to avoid takkng legal action but we need you to contact us. We are happy to agree with you any amount you can afford to pay by instalments.

Blah blah blah

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I posted on this thread I told you there is no such thing as escalating a debt. Very next letter they tell you it is escalating, rofl ! It isn't, only their decibels are.

I've not seen this template before. Interesting. I see it resorts to the old favourite idea of "helping" you to pay. In normal English it's more extortion than help.

If you're not a property owner then the key phrase to note is "happy to agree . . . ANY amount". That is debt-collection-speak for they've just about given up. And don't forget that "any" amount can be 0.

Hi - hope you don't mind me jumping in here

I am being chased by Lowells for a debt which has my name completely wrong on it.

Firstly can they do anything if they have the incorrect debtor name?

Secondly they say they have all the details of my credit file and as I have not contacted them they will be getting details of my work and my salary - is this possible? (Aside from the fact that they have my name wrong!)

Any help/comments would be greatly appreciated :)