Wonga - interest and charges help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After my ongoing problems with Wonga they finally agreed to my repayment offer of £25 per month. :-) However, calculating the outstanding amount of £662.85 I wondered how much the debt had increased...

However, when I now log onto my account, I notice that any history about the loan has disappeared. All I am able to access online are my repayment plan dates and amounts...

Thankfully looking back through my paperwork I found a screenshot of this:

Original amount of loan: £450.00

Interest: £643.90

Transmission fee: £22.00

Charges: £30.00

- Payments made: £483.05

Balance: £662.85

I have no idea if they have frozen the interest from when my lengthy battle to request a repayment plan or kept adding it.

Am I liable to pay all the interest they have charged, or should I query this further?

Edited by Megan99
addition of figs

DOnt pay anything apart from your agreed repayments. Meanwhile, DEMAND ( dont ask) a FULL and itemised breakdown of the debt. If they have added interest and charges on while they were ignoring your repayment offer, then we can challenge it. However, you need that breakdown so you can be 100% sure.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Wow am quite surprised I emailed Sunday morning for a full breakdown and by Sunday evening had received this reply.

My original correspondence started with them on 18th July when a repayment plan was asked for due to financial difficulty. Im attaching their breakdown of the loan :-(

Convert it to pdf and reupload.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

What can i say,

Just read the PDF-The interest, fees, etc read like a horror story.

Just offering my support.

Wonga-We are not predatory lenders targeting you.

Are they having a laugh.

Force for good? It reminds me of Goldman Sachs who said "We're doing God's work"

Was that interest added on while they were refusing to come to a repayment plan, or ignoring all contact?

From my experience, they did (and continue) to charge interest even when coming to repayment plan, but they waived my extension fees. You are lucky you have less than £1000 outstanding, otherwise they would make your payments much larger.