HSBX Bank overdraft and charges.

llama247
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I had a student account with an overdraft,

which has been passed on a DCA,

now I did speak to them numerous times over the phone ages ago but that was before I knew better.

Now I am kind of stuck on what to do as I had told them before that I could not afford the repayments as I was a student.

Could I try to reclaim anything?

Since the OFT lost the test case on bank charges, charges on ODs and current accounts are not reclaimable.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

tell us the story please

and how old are these debts?

who is chasing you?

have you looked on your credit file to see whats there [see below]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Since the OFT lost the test case on bank charges, charges on ODs and current accounts are not reclaimable.

Morning all,

Whilst BRIGADIER2JC is currently right, all I would like to say is 'It is not over until it is over.......!!..'

A read of my posts under 'HDR - v - HSBC', might help........:-)

Best wishes all,

Dougal

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

Morning all,

Whilst BRIGADIER2JC is currently right in what he says, all I would like to say is 'It is not over until it is over.......!!..'

A read of my posts under 'HDR - v - HSBC', might help........:-)

Best wishes all,

Dougal

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

Correct the test case brought by the OFT failed rather dismally, so current account and OD charges are not reclaimable

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

We are aware of a possible appeal but it does NOT affect the current situation.

Morning all,

As I said the Brigadier is right with one minor difference, Litigation is already in progress, which (if successful), will change the position in relation to Bank Charges, in other words, it should (if successful) reverse the existing inability to reclaim those charges!

But there are a few bridges to cross yet.......:wink:..

Best wishes to all,

Dougal

Evening all

I agree Brigadier, that is a possibility - BUT there will be a Judgement ( in the fullness of time).

That Judgement may not be retrospective, but may apply to new claims.

Best wishes

Dougal

Indeed so but In suspect that previous claimants will not have the right to make a new claim.

Evening all

Thanks Brigadier - but rest assured there will be no such exclusions, according to my Counsel, because this will be a Judgement which overturns the previous one when the OFT were at the Supreme Court.

I am not able to provide any other details at present.

Time will tell, best wishes to all

Dougal

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all

Just to let you know that we are proceeding with the Application concerning this case, due to the 3 Serious Procedural Improprieties, which took place in July.

This is not over and will not be so for some time - more in due course.

Have to be cautious, I have no wish to alert 'the other side!(so to speak!)

Best wishes all,

Dougal