Nat West sold 'settled' loan to CCS

sprockett
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my credit file is showing a loan with nat west as settled in 2009. However, I am being sent threatening letters by CCS who claim to have bought the loan. I thought that if the loan was showing 'settled' then that was it and it couldn't be sold on. I have moved house since and afraid I don't have any paperwork from Nat West to prove it, just what it says on my credit files. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

Creditors normally mark the debt as settled when the new owner buys it. This is because they paid a few pounds for the debt, so the creditor marked the entry as such. It then becomes property of the new owner and they can chase you for it, PROVIDING they have the correct paperwork to do so.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D