Appliances Online Advice needed

LEEDSMODUS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3923 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I hope someone can help me.

I bought a Belling electric cooker model FSE5ODPO SS cooker in May 2013 this year from Appliiances online at £289

Replacement door fitted in July 2013 by Belling Engineer. Door became impossible to open due to catch issue on the inside of the door.

Under warranty Appliances online arranged Belling to fit a new door

but now this same problem has happened.

After the door was replaced it was not a perfect fit and I am sure it was losing heat.

now I am back to square one so this is what happened today

I rung Appliances Online whom contacted Belling for me and they agreed to replace the item.

They will refund Appliances Online £289 so that I can order any brand of new cooker from Appliances on line for upto the original price of cooker

1/ I do not want another Belling or New World (same brand), next brand is £90 more expensive

2/ I have to pay an electrician to dis connect the old cooker so they can collect it from me and redeliver the new one (what ever brand i choose)

3/I also then need to pay an electrician to connect (hard wire) the new cooker

My argument is that it is costing me two electrician call outs to return these goods, why should I be financially inconvenienced ?

Your thoughts with this please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

does this apply

Consequential loss

If a customer suffers personally because of a problem with an item, they may be able to claim damages (money to make up for it). This is called consequential loss . One example would be if a customer had to pay out more money (perhaps to hire another item) because of a faulty item that you sold them.

A more serious example would be if they suffered injury or damage because of a faulty item.

A customer who claimed damages for consequential loss would be expected to have tried to resolve the issue with the retailer first.

Claims for consequential loss do not normally cover distress, inconvenience or disappointment.

not sure if the truth be known

why not give you local TS a ring and ask or the OFT

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...