Re: Motor mile finance keep calling but no letters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

**THIS WAS BROKEN INTO SENTENCES BUT FOR SOME REASON IT'S NOT DISPLAYING CORRECTLY, SORRY**Hi thereI came across this site/thread whilst googl'ing my predicament, therefore I've literally only registered to discuss whats happening and to ask what the best course of action is.

**I would just like to stress that I am in no debt whatsoever, with anyone, and have never even heard of this company until I received a text over the weekend.**

Ok, here goes, bear with me. Apologies!About 6 months ago, I started recieving phone calls on my mobile from an unknown number, I initially ignored them as I didn't recognise the number at all.Weeks went by and after tons more calls, I finally decided to answer it and see who had been pestering me all this time. I said hello and was greeted by a chap who was asking for a Mr.... (I will keep the name out of it but it isn't my name!),

I informed him that he had the wrong number, he said ok and then hung up.I thought that would be it, but a few days later I got another call from the same number. Different chap but same number. I also informed him that I wasn't (Mystery man), and then he asked me if I knew who the chap was. I said I didn't have a clue and that was that.A few days later, another call, different chap, same questions. I told him I wasn't the person that they are wanting and that it was probably obvious that this chap they are looking for doesn't want to be contacted.

I asked if they could they please stop calling and they said ok.Days later and again they ring me, but I let it go through to the answer machine. The message was simply " Hi there, this is a message for a Mr (mystery man), could you please get in touch with us ASAP regarding your account*.... blah blah blah etc etc."

I recognised the voice of one of the guys and remembered that I had spoken to him the day before, so I called the number back but was greeted by another guy!. I told him that I had just received a phone call from (guys name, I did have his name at the time but I've lost it since!).

The chap on the phone said his colleague was sat opposite him but he was busy, so could he help at all. I said could you please inform your colleague that I am not the person he is looking for and could my mobile number be removed from their system as I am sick of receiving calls that aren't intended for me. He asked me what name his colleague had asked for so I told him, and then he asked me for my name and I said I didn't wish to give that information as it wasn't relevant. He once again asked if I knew the person they were looking for and I (through gritted teeth!) said no, not at all.

He apologised again and said they would take note of my request.So it's been about 6 months and everything was fine. Then over the weekend I received another phone call, I thought I recognised the number but I couldn't for the life of me remember where from, so I answered it, it was a lady caller and she immediately asked to speak to (Mystery Man). I paused for a second as the memories of months ago came flooding back, and I was immediately enraged (I was also at work so I wasn't tuned in 100%!).

I immediately said to her that I am not the chap they are looking for and that I have has numerous phone calls from her colleagues months ago, and could they please leave me alone. She apologised (hmm, heard that one before!) and simply said bye!Yesterday I recieved a text message stating that;"Our home visit team is scheduled to visit you Re your outstanding Provident Greenwoods Personal Finance account that MMF UK Ltd recently took ownership of. However we would prefer to discuss the account via email or telephone. Contact us so we can discuss repayment options MMF Door Step Team"Now obviously I'm not worried as I am not the person they are looking for, and therefore they shouldn't have my home address.

But is it safe to think that I'm not going to get someone knocking on my door? But more to the point, how the heck can I make them stop contacting me for good?I am not who they are looking for and I don't feel that I should have to be going out of my way to prove that to them just so they will leave me alone.Any help or advice would be fantastic.

As I said, this was the first thing that I spotted when searching for an answer to my annoying problem so I apologise in advance if this is the wrong place.

Thanks again.

Edited by citizenB
formatting

Hi and welcome to CAG. Sorry your first post was missed.

Obviously stop talking to these muppets. They haven't a clue what to do when their script goes off on a tangent.

I would write a formal complaint telling them that you consider this to be harassment as you are not the person they are chasing, the number they are calling is wrong and that you would consider reporting them to all the regulatory bodies.

If they have given out any details about this 'debt' they are in breach of the data protection act

This is their registered address

MOTORMILE FINANCE UK LIMITED

PROTECTION HOUSE 83 BRADFORD ROAD

STANNINGLEY

PUDSEY

WEST YORKSHIRE

ENGLAND

LS28 6AT

I would send this FORMAL COMPLAINT by recorded delivery. This way, they can't say they never received it

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

But is it safe to think that I'm not going to get someone knocking on my door?

Perfectly safe, they haven't got your address.

They will only have an address for Mr. Mystery if they've got anything more than just a phone number.

Get the complaint sent.

Illegitimi non carborundum