Doubt on my Claim

scaredonjsa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just come off the work programme and earlier today had my 3rd appointment with my adviser as part of the post work programme support.

Today was also my signing day and I took my jobsearch in the job diary like I have for the last few years only to be told they were not satisfied that I was doing enough to look for work and using universal job match.

At my last appointment I was asked to provide screenshots of my universal jobmatch account and also email me CV to them before this appointment, after asking for advice on here I decided not to email m CV nor provide printouts of the screens on UJM.

I was told by them that it was a legal requirement to give them a copy of my CV and I had been mandated to do it at my last appointment, she did say it was mandatory but that was only verbally so not sure how that stands up. And with regard to UJM it was mandatory to either give them access to my account or provide printouts so it could be shown how I was using UJM and to see I was applying for jobs using it.

As a result she has raised a doubt on my claim and suspended my money so no JSA for me, and it was made clear if I did not comply at my next meeting then it would be another sanction. As it was said, only 3 sanctions and I have no JSA for 3 years.

Can anyone offer any help, where to find legislation etc as I feel I am fighting a losing battle at the moment.

Thanks

Chapter 3, Para:45 - "you cannot issue a Jobseeker's Direction to gain access [to a claimant's UJ account]"

Feel free to print off part, or all of the attached documents - This is the current UJ Toolkit manual that all JCP staff should be using.

As for demanding a copy of your CV - I'd suggest giving the Information Commissioner's Office a ring on 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745. Ask them on what grounds the DWP can mandate you to hand over personal information if consent to store or process personal information has not been granted (except that which is needed to process a JSA claim).

The easy option is to provide a minimal CV omitting any information that you wouldn't want circulated - If they demand it via email, answer "sorry, I don't have a reliable email address" (or send them an email with a zipped file of random junk).

cat /dev/random | zip mycv.pdfx -

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

As the adviser has raised a doubt, you will (or should) get a letter from the DWP informing you of this. You will then have the opportunity to ask for a reconsideration. Pick out the relevant sections of the documents listed above and quote chapter, section, and verse.

When you were mandated to sign up to the UJ site, were you handed a cookies leaflet and a "how to use Universal Jobmatch" booklet ? If not, mention this as it would have been a failure on the part of the adviser.

Also worth watching the responses to https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/mandated_access_to_a_universal_j

When you hand originally been mandated to bring a printed copy of your CV, (presumably) you had mentioned the lack of paper & ink. The UJ Toolkit manual makes allowances for a claimant's financial situation and acknowledges that the cost of paper & ink may make it difficult to provide printed copies - Common sense would suggest that this would extend to a CV and that 3G mobile phone evidence should suffice.

edit: See attached from https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/are_there_any_circumstances_when - Again, worth checking on this request as further responses from the DWP may follow - Include a copy of this if/when you need to appeal a doubt.

Edited by Mr.P

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.