ticking the access box on universal

bcham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3932 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i keep on getting mithered to tick the access box on universal web site,so the adviser can see what i am doing,but i always refuse saying i like to keep my privacy.

but what if i tick the box before i go to sign on.so the adviser can view it that day, then untick it when i get home,so the cant send me unwanted jobs ,would this be allowed,

Also suggest that they read the Universal Jobmatch Toolkit manual, and if they are in any doubt, contact the PCS union for further guidance. The JCP/DWP can not dictate how you record your job search, nor can they demand access to your UJ account.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Bcham, Just take a print out with you. They have no right to ask for access.

i have no printer so i fill the log diary.

Edited by antone
Fixed quote tags

i have no printer so i fill the log diary.

The UJ Toolkit manual specifically mentions "that a claimant may not be able to provide printouts due to lack of funds to purchase paper or inks" - In other words, hand written logs should be acceptable, and if an adviser insists on further evidence, then he/she should make provisions fo you, the claimant, to print documents out on a terminal at the Jobcentre. Not always possible if you don't have suitable media to store and transfer the documents (e.g. USB memory sticks)

Can you sign on and let the advisor view whilst you are there. Let him look but do not give him access.

Not from the terminal on their desk. That would be a breach of DWP IT policy. Be aware of the risks of using a terminal on DWP/JCP premises, such as "shoulder surfing" to collect login details.

i keep on getting mithered to tick the access box on universal web site,so the adviser can see what i am doing,but i always refuse saying i like to keep my privacy.

By now every advisor should know that they can't make you give them access, so if they ask more than once then it's harrassment, plain and simple. Report the advisor to their District Manager and also to the PCS Union for a) Not knowing (or deliberately ignoring) clear DWP rules and b) harassment and intimidation.

You're in the right here, not them. You also don't have to give them print outs either, though they can ask for them if you're agreeable.

Things might have changed, but this: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/allowing_jcp_advisor_access_to_u will confirm the state of play as of March this year.

Always worth looking through the whatdotheyknow site - An adviser stuck in some regional office would be ill advised to contradict information handed out by central office.