Howard cohen & co solicitor - 2x HSBC CCJs - No response, do they exist?!!

neobass
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

don't assume anything.

you need to see the CCJ itself.

the NAMED CLAIMANT is the one to pay

or I'm sure you can pay the court.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke to the court. They won't accept payment, its upto myself and CL Finance to make that arrangement. I never got a copy of the CCJs I requested from them on the 12/11/13 so another set of copies are on its way to me now.

The lady at the court was pretty confident that if I have it in writing that they will honor my terms then just pay the settlement offer, if CL finance try and do something dirty afterward I have written proof to take them to a hearing!

In the meantime I want to write to CL Finance and tell them I will deal with them direct, not Howard co and co or Lewis Debt group. Is there any template about this I remember reading about how a debt being chased by several collectors is a naughty move?

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to yourselves, as it is in dispute with the **original creditor/DCAlink3.gif** and has been since DATE 2007.

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

My last letter from **original creditor/DCA** was DATE and intimated that my complaint would be

resolved on **DATE**, this obviously hasn’t happened.

As **original creditor/DCA** are now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, OFT Collection Guidelines, *Subject access requestlink3.gif and have also breached *s10 Data Protection Act request , I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the **original creditor/DCA** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as **New DCA** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If **New DCA** chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsmanlink3.gif Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

Would this be OK to send to Lewis group?

They keep calling.

OK so Howard Co & Co Solicitors have recieved my £600 settlement cheque today via RMSD for myself Vs CL Finance ltd.

And then I get this in the post today from Lewis Debt recovery, Whom have been calling me everyday (I don't answer). What the hell are they on about? By offering me to pay £600 per month to pay it off?

Please any assistance would be great, I'm sure the above letter is what I need to send but It needs alot of rewording in my case?

Looks to me like a complete cock up and hopefully will be resolved soon. Just hang up if they call.

You should get a receipt and acknowledgement of the debt soon so you can always email that to lewis

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Finally managed to get copy of 1 of the CCJs.

All legit, so this one has been paid off now. Just waiting to get back confirmation and get the satisfaction certificate. Then I'll be doing same for the overdraft CCJ.

I'm getting 3-4 calls a day now. I'm just in the frame of mind to call Howard Co and Co solicitors tomorrow to find out what the heck is going on. Lewis should not be chasing me for these debts when i'm already clearing it (1 done 1 to go!)

Good news! Spoke to Howard Co and Co solicitors. They received my cheque, case is closed and SETTLED - yay! they have instructed Lewis Debt Recovery to stop any proceedings against me. I will have a letter by Thursday so I can claim for certificate of satisfaction from the court.

The other CCJ offer settlement will be paid later this week. So i'm little closer to having this mater all resolved.

I've put the £1,367.45 into the amount box. Sending it off today with the £15 fee. I am sending the letter proving the debt has been paid off too, with Howard Co & Co Solicitors declaring the balance as £0.

Should be OK?

• 4 weeks later...

HSBC Mastercard CCJ now satisfied, certificate came in from the courts this morning! :D

I'm sending off cheque for the HSBC overdraft account today/tomorrow. So both will be satisfied on a settlement offer. So for anyone else thinking if its possible, it indeed is!

Its still showing as not satisfied on my credit report, how long till its marked as satisfied?

• 3 weeks later...

CL Finance Mastercard CCJ now showing on my credit report as 'satisfied'

instantly made my credit score shoot up from a dire 385 to 565.

Overdraft CCJ has been paid, CL finance confirmed balance as £0.

That' one will probably improve my credit score further more.

Within 18 months these won't be showing at all on my credit report which puts me in a better position to getting mortgage.

Time to save save save!

So I now have no defaults along with 2 satisfied CCJs.

All thanks to all those here giving there guidance and opening my eyes to underground world of lechers! :)

• 1 year later...

Update!

CCJs now removed from my Credit Report. My credit score has shot up to 853. I have no debts, no loans, no credit cards. All I have is 1 late payment on old credit card from 2013.

This forum and experts pulled me out of the mess. I'm glad I never declared bankruptcy or applied for an IVA.

hey great news

glad you got and took the advise we gave

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...