Turned down for mobility allowance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had an accident last year and i fractured my coccyx. It never got any better. I have recently been referred to Muscular Skeletal Clinic and diagnosed with severe Coccydinia. I cannot sit for longer than 10 mins without being in agony and that pain makes it horrendous to move positions. I cannot stand up properly, takes me a good 5 minutes to do so. I cant walk at normal speed, I have a stick to help me and I have to have help getting into bed as i cannot lift my legs onto the bed.

Is it worth appealing? I have had an injection into the area which failed to relieve the pain. I am on tramadol for the pain at the moment. Im a bit of a mess to be honest.

Honest opinions please?

Hi I have something very similar after RTA I was in hospital and was lucky the hospital almoner sorted the DLA for me I would say that you need to appeal and then have someone fill in the forms who knows the format that the decision makers prefer to read. You also have to be very careful when putting down thing you can and cannot do.

dpick

I had an accident last year and i fractured my coccyx. It never got any better. I have recently been referred to Muscular Skeletal Clinic and diagnosed with severe Coccydinia. I cannot sit for longer than 10 mins without being in agony and that pain makes it horrendous to move positions. I cannot stand up properly, takes me a good 5 minutes to do so. I cant walk at normal speed, I have a stick to help me and I have to have help getting into bed as i cannot lift my legs onto the bed.

Is it worth appealing? I have had an injection into the area which failed to relieve the pain. I am on tramadol for the pain at the moment. Im a bit of a mess to be honest.

Honest opinions please?

There are many many that are in a far worse place than you are and they are rejected and have given up trying. One such case in my family is a stroke victim that can hardly put one foot in front of the other who has had a charity help him apply three times. He has given up too.

I thought that you had to apply for PIP now? This has a much stiffer series of tests that are going to see 1,000's lose their mobility payment that they may have had for years under DLA.

Good luck - you will need it.