datxman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3687 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope so

Datxman v Lloyds TSB 2006 ** WON** 27/2/2006

With no conditions

Datxman v Capital One 2006

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent - July 2006

Non-compliance letter sent - 11/09/2006

enforcement letter sent - 11/09/2006

Statements finally received - 27/09/06

Prelim Letter - sent 28/09/06 - £540

Lowell has bought the debt and I have asked them to wipe it clean due to lack of funds

Datxman v Barclaycard 2006

Won no conditions

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Time is running out for the banks :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just getting ready for submitting my N1 form, on the spreadsheets that I have done of the charges do I need to calculate each individual charge for the 8% interest.

With no conditions

Lowell has bought the debt and I have asked them to wipe it clean due to lack of funds

Won no conditions

I have found this website to help you calculate the number of days that you have been charged from.

All you do is enter a start and end date then tick the box to include todays date at the end date.

Then click calculate > then hey presto you have the number of days.

Please note that this is a american website so the date is backwards i.e. MM/DD/YYYY:)

Date Duration Calculator: Days between two dates

With no conditions

Won no conditions

Well it didnt with me, thats why I had to go through this route, I thought it just worked out the interest for you when you put the dates in?

With no conditions

Won no conditions

If you put the date in, the 'days since charge' (or whatever the wording is) column updates to show how many dates since the charge was applied.

Furthermore, the spreadsheet automatically updates, so if you open it up a week later the figure will have changed to reflect a further 7 days have passed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

christmasrallycag_468x60.gif

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Guest ian cognito

It works out the amoount of interest as well, but you have to overtype what is in there, not delete the entries because if you do that, you will delete the formulae as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help me what I need to put on my N1 as I am going to go to my local county court to submit it on Monday.

With no conditions

Won no conditions

Just getting ready for submitting my N1 form, on the spreadsheets that I have done of the charges do I need to calculate each individual charge for the 8% interest.

Yes, thats it. Interest is applied to each charge individually.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

thanx Michael and GaryH

With no conditions

Won no conditions

Well… I have a business account with Lloydstsb, and have suffered on and off over the past 8 years with charges other than the day to day charges. I understand I cannot contest the charges relating to writing cheques, direct debits, cash deposits etc. There have been charges for cheques that have been ‘refer to payer’ on occasion, plus charges for going overdrawn. I assume that I can claim these charges back?

I have copied the initial Data Protection Act 1998 Subject Access Request, but does this need rewording to relate to a business account? Maybe to ask them to list charges other than standard charges?

Looking forward to getting some help, as Lloydstsb have seriously hacked me off this month.

Sorry if all of this information is on here somewhere but can we not have a separate thread to pick out business accounts, as it’s difficult to extract any information?

Lloyds TSB - Business.

Prelim Ltr sent 3/11/06

Rcd 'Thank you for complaining' letter 8/11/06, dated 6/11/06.

LBA snt today - 17-11-06, nothing rcd back other than letter above.

Rcd ltr from 'Andover Service Rec Cntr' saying they will reply to my comp in the next 2 weeks. ltr rcd yesterday 18/11/06, dated 16/11/06.

Received letter from Andover Rec Cntr 25/11/06 dated the 22/11/06 - Saying they do not agree with my complaint.

Rcd ltr from 'Andover Service Recovery Centre' saying they will reply to complaint in next 2 weeks. (Same letter as the 22/11/06). letter rcd 02/12/06, dated 01/12/06.

Received reply (I assume) to my LBA letter which was acknowledged on the 2/12/06. Just a load of total babble that doesn't really say anything.

28/12/06 - Claim filed at County Court

You can claim back any penalty charge that has been imposed for a breach of contract, ie, overdraft excess, SO/DD bounces, cheque bounces, etc.

Unfortunately, the right of subject access under the Data Protection Act 1998 only concerns personal data, so you won't be able to use the SAR. There are no statutory provisions for right of access to business data as far as I'm aware, so you'll just have to ask nicely I'm afraid. Probably not a good idea to let on you want the info to claim charges back either! As a business, should'nt you have kept 6 years worth of data anyway though?

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

It would have just been easier for them to do it. Yes I have the records, but will take an age to wade through 8 years worth of bank statements!! Can't pull them from the accounts as they are only listed as bank charges as some are legit ones. Can search for 4 years worth on-line i think.

Lloyds TSB - Business.

Prelim Ltr sent 3/11/06

Rcd ltr from 'Andover Service Rec Cntr' saying they will reply to my comp in the next 2 weeks. ltr rcd yesterday 18/11/06, dated 16/11/06.

Received letter from Andover Rec Cntr 25/11/06 dated the 22/11/06 - Saying they do not agree with my complaint.

Rcd ltr from 'Andover Service Recovery Centre' saying they will reply to complaint in next 2 weeks. (Same letter as the 22/11/06). letter rcd 02/12/06, dated 01/12/06.

Received reply (I assume) to my LBA letter which was acknowledged on the 2/12/06. Just a load of total babble that doesn't really say anything.

By all means ask Lloyds for them - you never know they might be quite accommodating! All I'm saying is that they are not obliged to provide you with it under the Data Protection Act.

I'm currently trawling through bank statements on the net, can only do 3 months at a time. What about arrangement fees? can these be claimed?

Lloyds TSB - Business.

Prelim Ltr sent 3/11/06

Nope, fraid not. Only penalty charges are claimable, not pre-agreed service charges - even if they are extortionate, they're unfortunately perfectly legitimate.

Well I now have a figure of £2,232.50. I am staggered, amazing how all the £10 here and there can add up.

Lloyds TSB - Business.

Prelim Ltr sent 3/11/06

Shocking when you realise, ain't it. All that money that they had no legal right to take in the first place. Now all you've got to do is get it back (thats the fun bit;) )

Just one thing though. What happens to my account if Lloydstsb pay up? I assume that I will have to move it. Has anyone else remained with the same bank? Do they still dare charge you?

Lloyds TSB - Business.

Prelim Ltr sent 3/11/06

Lloyds won't generally close your account. It has been known, but only on rare occasion and when it has happened its been when the account in question is well into the red. That said, its always a good idea to have a 'parachute' account at the ready just in case.

Unfortunately, yes, they will still charge you as if nothings happened. The banks still make many, many times more each day from charges than they are forced to repay, so they pay out the claims as hush as they can (confidentiality clauses, etc) "without liability" and for "purely commercial reasons", etc, and carry on ripping people off regardless. It will stay that way untill either the elusive 'test case' is finally heard, or the regulators pull their finger out and take some positive action. Neither seems likely in the near future, so its down to the little people to fight back for themselves for the time being - with this sites help, of course;)

Received a letter in today’s post from LTSB saying how sorry they are that they have let me down, basically reads like a ‘Dear John’ standard letter.

It does say there is a leaflet enclosed on how to raise your concerns, but the envelope is empty!!

So… Do I know wait their 14 days, or stick to my schedule? I’m more inclined to stick to mine, as I want to be driving this and not LTSB.

They are now asking for all correspondence to be addressed to my business manager, but sent to:

Ariel House

Sheldon

Birmingham.

Is there any significance to this? Is it where all the lawyers are based?

Lloyds TSB - Business.

Prelim Ltr sent 3/11/06

Stick to your deadlines no matter what. Take no notice of their's.

I personally have'nt seen that address before, but I would assume its where all the business complaints are dealt with.

• 2 weeks later...

I am finding it hard to find the money to put my claim in, Would I be able to split the claim down to two seperate accounts?

And does any Magistrate court do small claims?

With no conditions

Won no conditions