Transcom/Arrow Global chasing choice catalogue debt but stating its orange

purp751
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

received a letter a while back from Arrow Global Limited about a debt I knew nothing about

but have a sneaking suspicion is a catalogue ran up in my name by ex,

I fired off the prove it letter to them asking for all original documentation to do with debt

and never heard a thing back, stupidly assuming they'd written it off,

today a letter from Transcom comes through acting for clients Arrow Global Limited,

do I fire off the prove it letter again or do I need to divulge somehow that I've been in contact with Arrow Global

to prove this debt and they never did!

I know DCA's just pass debts on but surely when a debt is disputed on who's it is they are under obligation

to provide information and to not just pass the buck, ok ok I know....that's a stupid thought! :|

The old PC crashed and burned, stupidly I didn't print off a written copy of the letter but I know it was one of the bog standard prove it letters from here! :(

I'm not phoning them, they are however threatening Scotcall will door collect if I don't comply :(

help :|

p'haps better not to start letter tennis

anything outstanding on your CRA file?

see below

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

received a letter a while back from Arrow Global Limited about a debt I knew nothing about

but have a sneaking suspicion is a catalogue ran up in my name by ex,

I fired off the prove it letter to them asking for all original documentation to do with debt

and never heard a thing back, stupidly assuming they'd written it off,

today a letter from Transcom comes through acting for clients Arrow Global Limited,

do I fire off the prove it letter again or do I need to divulge somehow that I've been in contact with Arrow Global

to prove this debt and they never did!

I know DCA's just pass debts on but surely when a debt is disputed on who's it is they are under obligation

to provide information and to not just pass the buck, ok ok I know....that's a stupid thought! :|

The old PC crashed and burned, stupidly I didn't print off a written copy of the letter but I know it was one of the bog standard prove it letters from here! :(

I'm not phoning them, they are however threatening Scotcall will door collect if I don't comply :(

help :|

Do you have any idea when the last transaction would have been on this?

I am aware that AG are pursuing a large number of very old catalogue debts and a vast number of these are already statute barred or very nearly so.

Transcom World Wide need a careful eye kept on them, having dealt with a considerable number of cases involving them and statute barred catalogue debts, their approach is to say the least 'unconventional' in that on sending 'prove it letters' no challenge to the status of the debt made at this point, their replies were all identical.

Transcom World Wide can confirm that this account does not fall within the Limitations Act 1980 and is not therefore statute barred'.

AS dx says urgent check on CRA files and come back to us.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I personally don't see any harm in responding to Transcom advising that you are still waiting on a response from "their client" to a letter you wrote them on DATE.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I personally don't see any harm in responding to Transcom advising that you are still waiting on a response from "their client" to a letter you wrote them on DATE.

I agree as long as the debt is not acknowledged in any way.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

hi there,

it would be no later than 2007 as that's when left and nothing showing on credit check to do with old catalogue or anything else,

the Arrow Global one is there but that appeared when they got in touch, doesn't state on it the original debtor,

it states as can see now on it current balance £691,

default balance £571,

default date october 2007,

updated july 2011 (which will be when I sent them the letter then, knew was a long time ago!)

start date of debt june 2002!

Does this help?

As a point of interest the DOB on it is totally wrong to mine too?

I do have a sneaking suspicion is a ran up catalogue by ex as had it previously with a smaller amount one!

I'm not wanting to start letter tennis neither, however I don't want to ignore it and have them take that as meaning I accept this debt to pay!

any suggestions on letter,

I want a way of acknowledging the debt may exist without linking myself to it and getting dates so can see if is statute barred or not now,

the fact that Arrow Global just passed it on rather than give me the information asked for in relation to the original debt

has me thinking is now statute barred and they don't want to admit it

so need to work out how to get these guys to co-operate though I know it's not often DCA's do this of course,

thanks!

Edited by purp751

It would seem you are already 'linked' to the debt anyway.#

Default date Oct 2007 = last payment up to 6 months prior to this so it IS statute barred.

So the SB letter id the way forward to be rid of this now.

To:

The Compliance Manager

Transcom World Wide Ltd.

Date:..............:

Ref: Use theirs:

Sir/Madam,

I refer to am n alleged debt for £xxx.xx. now in the hands of Arrow Global, which Transcom are attempting to collect from me.

Please take note I DO NOT acknowledge any debt to TWW Ltd or its client Arrow Global.

I have research my credit history have concluded that any such alleged debt is STATUTE BARRED and therefore I WILL NOT make any payment or offer of payment.

Please be aware any claim by TWW Ltd., will be strongly refuted and TWW Ltd is reminded that the onus of providing UNEQUIVOCAL PROOF that the alleged debt is not statute barred falls entirely upon TWW Ltd., and/or its client Arrow Global.

TWW Ltd., WILL now close the file on this matter and return it to its client.

No further correspondence will be entered into.

Send by RM recorded/signed for post and check receipt.

You can edit this letter and send to AG if you wish.

This does NOT affect the status of the debt, it does NOT acknowledge any liability.

thank you very much, will send that off RD today to them! fingers crossed!

You're welcome, keep us up to date please.

• 2 weeks later...

aghhh, well seems people's dealings with Transcom are correct, here's a copy of letter received today with regards to mine I sent!

Re; Mr X

Acc No: xxxx

For: Choice

Amount due: 691.83

Dear Sir/Madam

We write in reference to the letter received in our offices dated 23rd August 2013, the content of which has been noted/

We can confirm the account is not Statute Barred and we are awaiting statements from our client to support this. Please note Orange do not retain copies of the original agreement as there is no regulatory ''Act'' that reqires them to do so, being a service agreement for provision of airtime and/or telephone handsets/equipment.

If you have any further queries then please do not hesitate to contact us on the telephone number as shown.

Ok...where to go from here, on the first instance they have said it IS as figured a catalogue debt,

however they're trying to get out of providing information by claiming is a phone agreement,

sadly for them I am on contract with orange, have been for years and I KNOW my account with them is in order!

So...what is the next step with them,

I am not phoning them,

part of me wonders if putting 'Choice' in the top so therefore stating is catalogue then citing rubbish from Orange

is a ploy to get me thinking huh and phone but I'm not playing that game!

So now I need to send something that still says prove this debt,

that by the dates it IS statute barred and that it is NOT an orange debt it is a catalogue debt

and therefore they should be providing agreements? is that about the gist of it?

No wonder people get so stressed out by them! :|

thank you!

Ok the predicted result once again.

so up the ladder

Private & Confidential

For the Personal Attention of:

Mr David Bailey

Business Support Manager

Transcom World Wide Ltd

Limewood House

Limewood Way

Leeds

LS 14 1AB

Date:.....................:

Ref: use their:

FORMAL COMPLAINT:

Dear Mr Bailey,

I refer to a letter from TWW Ltd dated xx.xx.xxxx regarding an alleged to Orange.

TWW is disputing the statute barred status of this alleged debt, and now claims this is not statute barred, this is totally refuted.

Having researched the conduct of TWW Ltd when dealing with statute barred debts I find that claiming such debts are NOT statute barred is a standard response from the company, such business practices are obviously unfair and misleading and breach the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection, as TWW Ltd has quite plainly no date to hand to support its claim.

Therefor I reiterate my statement that the alleged debt is statute barred and I will NOT make any payment.

This is my final response.

I have a file in front of me now with a large number of letters the same as you have received

ALL proved to be SB.

Send by recorded signed for post.

send

Yes certainly mention that if you want to, personally I would trip them up later, their incompetence is staggering.

• 2 weeks later...

well, here we go again, further contact from them in today's post, here it is

Dear Sir/Madam,

We write in reference to the above account and your recent letter, the content of which has been noted.

As advised in our previous letter we have been instructed by our client Arrow Global to conduct collections in recovery of the above which relates to an outstanding Mail Order balance with Choice.

We can confirm the account is not Statute Barred due to the fact the agreement with Choice commenced in June 2002 and defaulted in October 2007. We have requested our client provide copy statements to support this and these will be forwarded to you upon receipt.

However, it may take up to six weeks for our client to receive this information from the original creditor.

We will write to you again in due course.

If you have any further queries then please do not hesitate to contact us on the telephone number as shown below.

That's it, so what do I do now, do I await anything else or fire off another letter asking for anything else to tie them up further? they've now decided it's not Orange and is indeed Choice which is a catalogue! :???:

have you ensured all your old addresses are linked on your cra file?

just because they say it defaulted oct 2007

that doesn't mean its not SB'd

typically it can take anything like 6mts

to register a default [see the ico default guidelines]

so my guess they've shot themselves in the foot here!!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yep

have you checked another say noddle

two wont hurt & its totally free

[don't forget to cancel your free trial on exp!!]

dx

and they

well, here we go again, further contact from them in today's post, here it is

Dear Sir/Madam,

We write in reference to the above account and your recent letter, the content of which has been noted.

As advised in our previous letter we have been instructed by our client Arrow Global to conduct collections in recovery of the above which relates to an outstanding Mail Order balance with Choice.

We can confirm the account is not Statute Barred due to the fact the agreement with Choice commenced in June 2002 and defaulted in October 2007. We have requested our client provide copy statements to support this and these will be forwarded to you upon receipt.

However, it may take up to six weeks for our client to receive this information from the original creditor.

We will write to you again in due course.

If you have any further queries then please do not hesitate to contact us on the telephone number as shown below.

That's it, so what do I do now, do I await anything else or fire off another letter asking for anything else to tie them up further? they've now decided it's not Orange and is indeed Choice which is a catalogue! :???:

This is TWWs standard reply to SB letters.

So write back confirming that TWW are wrong in their assumption on the statute barred status of the account as the last payment or written acknowledgment was made on xx. xx.xx.

Therefore you are reporting their deliberately misleading letter to the OFT/FCA.

If you want a full letter drafted please let me know.

Ok.

The Compliance Manager

Transcom World Wide:

Date: Ref: use the one on their letter:

Sir Madam,

I refer to a letter from Transcom World Wide dare xx.xx.xxxxx, regarding an alleged debt for £xxx.xx it is claimed I owe to TWW Ltd, 'client' Arrow Global, please not I do NOT acknowledge any debt to TWW or Arrow Global.

TWW Ltd., has incorrectly claimed that this alleged debt is NOT statute barred. I would remind TWW that the limitation period starts from the date of the cause of action not the default date which is the date on which a default was place because of the cause of action.

The OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2006 updated Nov.2012 Annex B is clear that a debt becomes statute barred after 6 clear years with no payment or unequivocal admission/acknowledgment of the debt being made.

Therefore I confirm this debt is statute barred and I will not make any payment.

I suggest TWW Ltd., now closes its file on this matter and returns it to the client.

This is my final response.

Send by recorded signed for post and check date received.