Unhappy about dropping the Premium Account

DigiGuru
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My Premium Account is being scrapped and I rely on the following features of it:

1.) The fee-free overdraft

2.) The mobile phone insurance

3.) The breakdown cover

4.) The travel insurance

Now they are closing the account, I will be switched to the every day account which means I'll be charged £1/day for being in my authorised overdraft up to a maximum 20 days in any one month.

Due to the way I'm currently running my account, this means I'll end up being charged £20/month for my overdraft, but get none of the "perks"

For this reason I'm looking to move my account elsewhere, however due to my credit rating, I'm unable to get the overdraft matched elsewhere.

I'm interested to find out if it is possible to ask Santander to freeze the charges on my overdraft while I pay it off?

I'll instead have to pay another bank £10/month for similar features, but I begrudge paying Santander £20/month for nothing.

I would accept paying up to £10/month until the overdraft is cleared - do you think this is something they would accept?

If their actions are causing you hardship then they must take note of that.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D