Cancelling Dental Treatment for a Composite Filling, can I get my Deposit back?

Stelious
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I went to the Dentist last week for the first time in a while, I had a checkup because its a new dentist, and I was told i had some tooth decay on my rightmost back molar. The dentist was foreign and he spoke so quickly, I honestly couldn't understand him half the time and I'm not used to going to the dentist, never having had a filling or anything like that.

Anyway I didn't really understand my options so just went for the filling, not realising I can get a silver one from free on NHS because I am on ESA due to mental health issues.

I signed their forms and arranged the appointment for Friday, but now I'm thinking I want to back out because I can't afford it and didn't fully understand it, I get confused at times you see.

But before I left she said I had to put in a £50 deposit for this treatment, not really understanding this, I put my card in a paid the £50...

But now if I don't have the treatment, will I get my £50 back?

Any help appreciated, I haven't spoken to the dentist yet and wanted to go in will all the facts first so I know what I am doing, otherwise I will get anxious and flustered and probably get it all wrong

if the filling is free and its not costing you anything then they might have just asked for the deposit to make sure you turn up to the appointment i know my dentist takes a deposit if im having work done and i get it back one the treatment has been completed

different dentist might have different policy's though you should definitely call the dentist in the morning and get them to clarify if you can or cannot get your deposit back if you either go ahead or cancel the appointment just be honest with and tell them you did not fully understand the dentist

Yes Conniff, they say they are an NHS dentist but I'm having to pay because I believe I have chosen the wrong filling. I'm wondering if I can just cancel, I will have to pop in there. But I can't bear the thought of them being awkward because I know I will not handle it well, with my issues I have. I much prefer reading the details and hearing them because I find people hard to understand at times, however you can't confuse good english writing!

To clarify -were you were seen for an NHS check up and then told you needed the private fillings? You should have been given the option for NHS fillings there and then - I would contact the practice explain that you feel you were not given the option of the NHS treatment and know you should have had it offered. If you have any problems rearranging to have the NHS fillings you may be able to get a charge back on your card if you cancel the appointment with enough notice.