Is this discrimination

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all posting this for a friend who has bought this to my attention and wondered if it was age discrimination as he meets all the criteria for the job but according to the add he is not in the right age bracket he is 43 by the way.

Company confidential

Recovery Truck Driver 3.5 ton

Job description

ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE AGED BETWEEN 25 - 35 YEARS OLD

HOLD A CLEAN STANDARD UK DRIVING LICENCE

RECOVERY TRUCK DRIVER NEEDED FOR CAR COLLECTION COMPANY.

We are a small company like webuyanycar and we collect cars from London and surrounding areas.

Well emailed job centre they emailed me back thanking me for bringing it to there attention as it was against there terms and conditions and they would speak to the company in question.

Checked the ad Friday evening and it had been corrected...

Now just hope now they have had the error of there ways pointed out they dont just offer the job to some one in the age bracket they want but offer it fairly to a suitable candidate..

In the mean time my friend has gained employment else where, Just wondering if i should phone up and apply see what happens as im 50

if they want young people they'll only hire them, legal or not. why waste your time?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

They may have reasons for wanting people between 25 & 35. Just because they've asked for people between that age, doesn't always make it discrimination.

In which case they are required to state those reasons in the advert.

What reason can you think of that makes a 36 year old incapable of doing the job? This is not quite the same as "only women" ads for domestic violence recovery centres.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!