HTC W8S / T Mobile

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a HTC W8S on contract in May, which has frozen twice. The first time, I went into Phones4u (where I got my phone contract from) and had to talk to someone on the phone about it. (they record errors, or something)

This happened once again and I was able to sort it myself.

Twice since Wednesday, I've not been able to send text messages. I sent one earlier and sent one 5 minutes later, which just won't send. The mobile numbers of the 2 people who I've tried to send messages to, are correct. I have a signal too.

Try resetting the phone to factory defaults.

Most common way to hard reset a phone:-

Turn the phone off

Press the power and volume up

Select factory reset using the volume to chance options, and power button to select

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Have you also checked if their are any updates for your phone in the settings.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The reason (according to the text I got) that I couldn't send text messages to a certain number, was because it started as 447 and not +447 or 07.

Have had a factory reset done now; so hopefully it's the end of this.

• 4 weeks later...

Took it in yesterday and explained the situation. Each time tech team were contacted, it was logged. So they could see that within 3 months, 3 faults were reported.

They said that they'll offer me a replacement. But they don't have the phone I have; so I could choose a phone on the same contract I currently have.

The new phone arrived this morning and I know have a HTC One SV. let's hope this one lasts longer.