robbersway/1st Credit/Walker Morris - old halifax CC debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In June 2008 I received a letter from Robinson, Way & Company advising that they had been appointed by Halifax Bank to collect a debt in respect of a credit card.

According to Robinson, Way & Co. Halifax Bank had sent me a default notice in June 2004

but as I had no knowledge of any debt or default

I wrote to Robinson Way on 21 June 2008 requesting a copy of the signed and dated credit agreement.

I also sent them a cheque for £1.00 to cover the fee payable under the CCA 1974.

On 25 June 2008 Robinson, Way replied that they had ordered a copy agreement from their client and would forward it to me when they received it. They returned my £1.00 cheque.

I heard nothing more about this until November 2012

when a company called Moon Beever wrote to me saying they were now collecting on behalf of Robinson, Way & Co.

I replied that I did not acknowledge any debt to them or their client and that having written to Robinson Way four years previously

and hearing nothing from them I considered the matter closed.

On 28 June I received a letter from Connaught Collections saying, "please find enclosed information as requested".

What they enclosed was a sheaf of papers

- 16 pages in all

- headed Credit Card Agreement Regulated By The Consumer Credit Act 1974

and containing the usual details relating to a standard credit card agreement.

My name and current address are shown on the print-out but nowhere does it show my signature or a date.

At the end of the first seven pages it says,

"TEASER 01 12/02" and at the end of the next section it says,

"TEASER 01 STD 06/04-10/04"

I have now received a letter from a company called Walker Morris stating that they are acting for 1st Credit

and that they are instructed that if their client does not receive payment they may issue court proceedings against me.

I am minded to say,

"go ahead, see you in Court and don't forget to bring a signed and dated Credit Agreement"

but wonder if any CAG members might have any advice on dealing (or not) with these people.

In response to a CCA request you are entitled to receive...

A copy or truthful reconstruction of the agreement (it does not need to bear you signature but it must be truthful).

Terms and conditions from both inception and at default showing any variations if made.

Statement of account - showing any default/penalty charges.

When did you last make a payment to this account ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi welcome to CAG,

What you have received is a 'reconstituted' agreement which should satisfy a sections 77/78 request under CCA 1974

It DOES NOT need to have any signatures.

It consists of the Ts & Cs at the inception of the account and the closure of it.

When was this account opened, when was it defaulted, when was the last payment or written acknowledgment mad on the account , in the hands of 1st credit if the balance is £750.00+ they could issue a statutory demand.?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

BTW Walker Morris a 'high power' law firm.

They have I believe a former senior director from the OFT on board from last year to advise on the hand over from the |OFT to the FCA.

Edited by BRIGADIER2JCS

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

In response to a CCA request you are entitled to receive...

A copy or truthful reconstruction of the agreement (it does not need to bear you signature but it must be truthful).

Terms and conditions from both inception and at default showing any variations if made.

Statement of account - showing any default/penalty charges.

When did you last make a payment to this account ?

Post s Crossed:!:

Other than the details already posted I have no other information. The original default notice was supposedly issued in June 2004. How long do banks wait from first default before issuing their notices?

3-6 months late/missed payments, the default notice however has nothing to do with the actual date a default is placed on the account and reported to credit reference file, the DN is a notice giving the debtor a period of time to for example pay off arrears within 14 days if the debtor does so no default is placed, failure to remedy the default sum will result in the default being placed on the file. The ICO states that this should be within 6 months.

statute barred I bet

ruddy fleecers

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

statute barred I bet

ruddy fleecers

dx

Hi dx, can't see Walker Moriss touching this if it is SB.