car damaged whilst in lease company's care

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have a lease hire vehicle with Hippo Lease which recently had some work done on it by Hippo. When the car was returned there was damage to the rear driver side, a dint/line approx 5 inches long. Hippo have denied it and are saying that damage was noticed on the vehicle when it was brought into their workshop - utter rubbish, unless the driver did it on-route.

Additionally, I was told verbally that the work the car went in for initially would be covered by Hippo, yet 3 weeks later a bill for almost £300 landed on my doorstep. Actually next door's doorstep, they got my address wrong.?!

I called the Hippo asking why I was being billed and to discuss the damage to the car. They have basically said that the bill is my responsibility - not what I was told by Neil at Hippo via the telephone - interestingly I did ask for Neil to confirm via email, twice. He never did!

I have been pursuing the damage via one of their Sales Managers but they are adament that they will not accept liability.

Any ideas how to take this forward?

Thanks

I would send a recorded delivery letter headed 'Official Complaint' to the head office detailing what you have said above and see what they come back with.

HIPPO VEHICLE SOLUTIONS LIMITED

SANDRINGHAM COURT BENTLEYWOOD WAY

NETWORK 65

BURNLEY

LANCASHIRE

BB11 5PY

Company No. 06215364

The latest Annual Accounts submitted to Companies House for the year up to 31/03/2012 reported

'cash at bank' of £144,094,

'liabilities' worth £649,107,

'net worth' of £275,434 and

'assets' worth £1,009,643.

Hippo Vehicle Solutions Limited's risk score was amended on 14/05/2013.

Edited by Conniff

I thought the whole point of a lease vehicle was that you didn't have to pay for servicing/repairs as the car is owned and maintained by the company?.....

Unless the damage was caused by negligence of course but I'm sure thats not the case.