Job Centre Terms

Daisy124
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am sure someone will have the answer, it isn't immediately obvious is it ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

My job centre personnel advisor called me it to my work programme advisor, who has not got a clue what it means, during a heated phone conversation. She seems to be picking on me, because the managers at the job centre has put a stop to where she wanted to send me to. Which was totally inappropriate for me, she said I had to do the activity because I was a "rainbow client"

she said I had to do the activity because I was a "rainbow client"

My first guess is a suggestion that she thinks you live in a fantasy world as depicted by Judy Garland.

Somewhere over the rainbow

Way up high,

There's a land that I heard of

Once in a lullaby.

Skies are blue,

And the dreams that you dare to dream

Really do come true.

Someday I'll wish upon a star

And wake up where the clouds are far

Behind me.

Where troubles melt like lemon drops

Away above the chimney tops

That's where you'll find me.

Bluebirds fly.

Birds fly over the rainbow.

Why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly

Beyond the rainbow

Why, oh why can't I?

Alternatively, she sees you as a colourful character that needs to be put through the wash a few times so that you end up coming out a uniform shade of beige.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

isn't there a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow (in fantasy land) lol.......maybe if they find you something no matter what or where they get their "bonus"...........

I did a quick search of 'jobcentre rainbow client' but came up with nothing specific - though there are a lot of companies called 'Rainbow' ranging from employment agencies to care and therapy organisations. If your advisor made the comment in the heat of the moment it's more than likely it was disrespectful to you.

You could record future meetings and ask her exactly what she meant by using that term. Don't forget that if you're not satisified with an advisor you have the right to request a new one.

...if anyone should be called 'Rainbow' it's the Jobcentre themselves, as they tend to 'Bungle' things a lot (groan) :)

Thanks for the info, just don't understand why she seems to have it in for me. I worked for 15 years before being made redundant, first time i've ever claimed and the big thing whats stopping me from getting a job is my disability, which they know about, she wants to send me on a course for people who've never had a job or keep on being sacked. The job centre deputy manger overuled her then she changed the course and then the senior manager overuled her again. The work programme advisors been great, had no help from job centre whatever, been treated like I've never worked in my life by her, when I'm desperate to get a job.

Two issues arise.

1. If a Welfare To Work Clerk uses any jargon/terminology which is unfamiliar, then perhaps they need to repeat themselves using a traditional form of language, such as English.

2. Although I haven't located any definition of a term such as "Rainbow Client", there is a project entitled (coincidentally) the "Rainbow Project" highlighted by the University of Glasgow.

http://www.gla.ac.uk/projects/avg/fin5_rai.htm

Apparently, the main delusion is that the only reason why candidates are unemployed is down to the candidate

"The aim is to activate the client towards employment or training and to encourage him/her for change. "

Perhaps the person using such a term should speak to a behavioural psychologist, lest they be accused of delving into matters that are not within their domain of competence, and giving the impression that they are Snake Oil Salesmen.

Thanks for the info, just don't understand why she seems to have it in for me. I worked for 15 years before being made redundant, first time i've ever claimed and the big thing whats stopping me from getting a job is my disability, which they know about, she wants to send me on a course for people who've never had a job or keep on being sacked.

Sounds like the advisor is doing the old 'I have no real idea how to help this client so I'll try and get her on some course so it looks like I am helping' routine, exactly like the WP people do.

At least the senior JC managers seem to be on your side (which I'm surprised at as I'd expect them to stand by their staff usually, however bad the staff are).

My work programme advisor contacted manager and said i shouldn't have been put on course as i was still on work programme. My crime seems to be applying for jobs and keep on being turned down.

Indeed, once you have been referred to the WP, the DWP wash their hands of any and all responsibility for the next 104 weeks. For a JCP adviser to place you on a concurrent "course" makes a mockery of the WPDWP relationship and could even be seen as a breach of contract - It certainly undermines the WP provider's undertaking to "provide tailored and personalised support".

Keep applying for all the jobs you can - It is an unfortunate fact of life at present that there are too few jobs to go round, but you will get lucky eventually.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.