What is the Money Judgement on a court order?

youlsey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had an Order for possession (suspended) issued by the court which had a money judgement for an amount against a mortgage.

I then sold the property which was agreed with the mortgage company and hence the suspended order.

This was done for Probate by the way if it makes a difference.

The mortgage company then sent us via our solicitor, a redemption statement, for a much higher amount.

I wanted to know,

is the money judgement the amount they should have received after the sale of the property,

or were they taking the mickey which extar fees and charges etc?

Was the money judgement for the amount of arrears at the time of the suspended order?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

You need to ask for a breakdown of the redemption amount - does it perhaps include a redemption fee ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

redemption amount was 190,837.

this included account balance 179,367 and early repayment charge 1,793 and arrears charge

(which they say are the legal costs) 9,274 and mortgage discharge fee 100 plus a couple of small other charges.

i wanted to find out if the money judgement should have been the same as the redemption statement?

the money judgement was for 183, 495.

The money judgment was the amount you owed on the day the judgment was given. The redemption amount will have been the amount owed when payment was due. They do not need to be the same, nor will they be as costs continue to accrue.