Been paying Link Financial for years re MBNA debt - help?

mollypoppers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Can any one help.

I had a default notice issued to me in about 2004 after I could not keep up payments on a credit card after a bad accident left me out of work.

The dept was for an MBNA Credit Card and was passed to Link.

I filled in expenditure forms and aggreed to pay a fixed amount each month

The original debt was for about £5500 and I pay £30 a month.

I have never heard from link since then.

I contacted them last year to see who much was outstanding.

I thought I might be able to ay it off.

But it was more then I could afford.

I have not missed a payment since the arangment date.

I have just started receiving phone calls from them but am reluctant to discuss any thing with them having gone through all that before.

I sold my house in the UK 8 years ago and they do not have any address for me.

I have honered all my payment agreements with my creditors after the accident and link are the only ones left.

How do you thing I should handle this.

you are being cash cowed!

stop the payments ignore them totally

are you saying you are not in the UK anymore.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you are being cash cowed!

stop the payments ignore them totally

are you saying you are not in the UK anymore.

dx

You have paid about £3290over the years,I think they had inuff out of you.

Please Please Please... Stop these payments to Link

Youd be so much better off....

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi New to this so forgive delay. I have a good credit rating and would like to keep it. I have no ccj and do not have a house. can they still persue me or obtaiin a ccj against me if I continue to pay what I originally agreed with them?

they cant do ANYTHING. They will threaten it but they wont.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

when I sold my house about 8 years ago I went to live outside the UK I am in the UK at the moment but do not own a house. I need to go to the bank and find out exactly when I started paying link (I had a brain hemerage 6 years ago which required surgery and my memory is not what it was) can they charge interest on any outstanding amount

They cant but theyll try. The owner uses every lie and con in the book. Thats why hes a multi millionaire

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Can they issue cort procedings to try and recover the remaining debt (not sure how much is left and dont know how to find out without contacting them, which could just open a can of worms) I still pay £30 a month

stop paying

there is nothing they cando to you.

doesn't matter if they add anything

you wont be paying it.

esp after all this time.

dx

and they

Hello Molly

I am not one of this forum’s Advisors, I am in my senior years and came here six or seven weeks ago in pressing need of advice and guidance.

I was needing to deal with a number of debts/payments that we simply couldn’t sustain any longer,

but I was unable to work my way through the million-and-one things that seemed to require an expert to untangle in order to know which way to head.

Over those weeks I have taken steps following advice and guidance. I can’t say I have understood everything,

but that’s exactly how things work anyway when you’re in the middle of something with no understanding of what is all around you. You have to trust a little.

Even-so, it is hard not to learn at least something from people who have the most impressive and amazing commitment to passing-on what they know,

and helping people through troubled situations.

Molly, more than this however there’s a very special reason I wanted to add this myself to your thread …

I noticed your heading when coming here to update a thread of my own.

It stood out to me because my thread concerns a very longstanding repayment arrangement with Link Financial relating to a debt originally with MBNA. Sound familiar?

By taking steps following the guidance I have been given leading along this path over the last many weeks,

I received a letter this morning advising that Link has agreed to write the c£3,600 debt off. That was the update that I was adding.

Circumstances will be different of course but you can very likely reach the same point.

Not overnight, and certainly not without concentrating your own efforts as well,

but please can I now ask you as strongly as I am able to follow the guidance that people here will give you …

it will be good advice, it will be reliable and meant to get you to where you need to be.

I know it is worrying, but really that’s because you don’t know things, not because you do. When you do, you will worry less and less then not at all.

Please take heart from my good result in seemingly very similar circumstances indeed,

and whilst I can’t give any advice regarding those circumstances I would offer the most important piece of advice you will get .

. follow the guidance you receive, please.

dx100uk IS correct, and renegadeimp's assurances are spot-on.

And please breathe easier. Yes I know that’s easy for someone else to say, but I have the strongest feeling that you will be fine I am sure.

Good luck!!

Howard.

Thanks Howard

Its very kind of you to offer your reasurence. I will take there advise I just hope I don't get a ccj out of it. They are still leaving messages on my answer phone I am going to the bank this week so will find out exactly how long I'v been paying. I just can't understand why if ther is a balance outstanding they can't sue for it?

Kind Regards

Ian

that's the whole nature of DCA's

they spoof people by cleverly worded threat-o-grams

that they have some kind of legal powers to demand money

9/10 they don't!!

look at it the other way

IF it could have gone to court

then WHY did the original creditor not do it?

dx

and they

Hi, I have been keeping an eye on these forums for a year now and almost always when there are these cases, the advice is to get CCA and confirm validity of the agreement unless there has been no payment made in 6yrs. For this case, its not even mentioned.

Can I ask what is the difference between all the other cases and this one, what gives it away as a case they are unlikely to chase? At what point does the likes of Link decide they are happy with what they have had off you?

Link are well known spoofers and collectors of bad debts. It's how the owner has made MILLIONS of pounds. They do collect enforceable debts, but the main bulk of their business relies on those bad debts.

Hi, I have been keeping an eye on these forums for a year now and almost always when there are these cases, the advice is to get CCA and confirm validity of the agreement unless there has been no payment made in 6yrs. For this case, its not even mentioned.

Can I ask what is the difference between all the other cases and this one, what gives it away as a case they are unlikely to chase? At what point does the likes of Link decide they are happy with what they have had off you?

its has all the classic signs

no harm in CCA'ing them though

and they

better you start your own thread and lets see the info

I notice you've posted on sev other threads

but don't have one of your own.

just 'because' there is a CCA, does not mean the WHOLE debt stands.

see the video below to start a thread

dx

and they

adapt the following text to YOUR details.

DO NOT SIGN THE LETTER!

get a £1 BLANK Postal order

write on the back

for statutory £1 CCA FEE ONLY.

leave the payee BLANK

post the two off by 1st class post, get proof of posting from PO counter

they have 12+2 WORKING days to comply.

firm demanding money

street,

town,

county

postcode

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:- Account/Reference Number 12345678

I do not acknowledge any debt with your Company or Associates

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.[77/78/79]

[***DELETE AS NECESSARY FOR YOUR TYPE OF ACCOUNT***

77/78 - everything bar HP agreemwnts, 79 for HP]

of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide, including a detailed statement of the account.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other [PC print yourname - do NOT sign it!]

and they